Windows 10: Windows Media Player help

Discus and support Windows Media Player help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Accidentally set .ytd to open with a media playerWindows Media Player, how do I get them to open as folders again???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Luca-Kevin, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Windows Media Player help

Accidentally set .ytd to open with a media playerWindows Media Player, how do I get them to open as folders again???

:)

Luca-Kevin, Oct 18, 2020

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows Media Player help

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Player help

1. Windows Media Player help - Similar Threads - Media Player help

2. Media Player 11 No Crossfade - HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player 11 No Crossfade - HELP!: Media Player 11 Version 11.2301.27.0 Can't seem to find any way of getting crossfade to work, there is no menu at all that will let me toggle it on. When I click the 3 dots Bottom Right it shows a menu but nowhere does it mention crossfade. The menu shows:...
  3. Windows Media Player help not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player help not working: I'm using Windows 10, and Google Chrome.WMP refuses to load its own help, and seems to want Edge. How do I get it to open in Chrome please?I have no idea which version of WMP it is, as it refuses to tell me!...
  4. Windows Media Player help not working

Windows Media Player help not working: I'm using Windows 10, and Google Chrome.WMP refuses to load its own help, and seems to want Edge. How do I get it to open in Chrome please?I have no idea which version of WMP it is, as it refuses to tell me!...
  5. Windows Media Player - help or replace

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player - help or replace: Okay, I know windows media player is no longer supported. I've had this issue for a while. I plug my phone (andriod, motorola) into my PC and windows media player pops up. On the right side of the window it has a picture of an ipod or something, with a yellow arrow and the...
  6. Need help with codecs for windows media player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with codecs for windows media player: I Need help with this: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. Is there anyone at Microsoft who could assist me? Regards Jerry...
  7. windows media player-help please-urgent!

windows media player-help please-urgent!: I have unstalled windows media player but I need to re install it but I have forgotten how to do this.i really need to get it back so I can listen to my cds again....gerald
  8. Win 10 Media Player HELP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Media Player HELP: I would like to add music to my win 10 media player that I have on a disc but don't seem to be able to get it done. If anyone can tell me how I think I can follow their advice - but please keep in mind that I am not very computer literate - so it may require a "dummies...
  9. Windows Media Player Crash Logs Help

Windows Media Player Crash Logs Help: Would anyone be so kind as to take a look at these logs for me. For some reason i cannot open them in windbg. I'm trying to find out if its a windows issue, or something thats installed that's conflicting with WMP somehow Windows media player crashes pretty much every time...
  10. Media Player Help!!!!??

Media Player Help!!!!??: I have an older PC laptop that has been giving me problems for a while. I took it somewhere to be fixed more than once and it didn't help. I don't use my computer for much these days, just pictures and music and the occasional internet search but I use my phone for most...