Windows 10: Windows Media Player: how to organize music

Discus and support Windows Media Player: how to organize music in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 7, the Media Player allowed me to organize the music by: Artist or Band name/ song title/ length/ album. In Windows 10 how do I sort the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DennisPortararo, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Windows Media Player: how to organize music

In Windows 7, the Media Player allowed me to organize the music by: Artist or Band name/ song title/ length/ album. In Windows 10 how do I sort the music the same way? Media Player just lists the Artist with the total number of songs, but not the name of each song. I have to open on each artist individually to see what songs are there.

:)

DennisPortararo, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Windows Media Player.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check the ‘Windows Media Player’ settings from the steps below.

1. Open the ‘Windows Media Player’, in the player ‘Library’, click on ‘Organize’.
    2. Select ‘Options’, this will open the ‘Options’ window for the ‘Windows Media Player’.
    3. Click on the ‘Library’ tab, please confirm if the ‘Retrieve additional information from the Internet’ is checked, check the options ‘Rename music files using rip music settings’ and ‘Rearrange music in rip
      music folder, using rip music settings’ under ‘Automatic media information updates for files’. Click on ‘Apply’.
    4. Click on the ‘Player’ tab and check the option ‘Connect to the Internet’. Click on apply.
    5. Restart the ‘Windows Media Player’ and check if it works out for you.
    Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 15, 2019
  3. mirela Win User
    Music Organizer

OK.

So I need a media player that organizes my music and makes it easy to find it.

If possible go by genre or something.

Thanks

mirela, Oct 15, 2019
  4. DanRap80 Win User

Windows Media Player: how to organize music

Media Player Music Orginization

Just a suggestion for Media Player and Groove Music

Have a function under organization to consolidate and delete duplicate music files.

DanRap80, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Player: how to organize music

1. Windows Media Player: how to organize music - Similar Threads - Media Player organize

2. how to reinstall music to my windows media player library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall music to my windows media player library: I have lost a lot of music from my windows media player old rock & roll , they are listed, but a dialog box appears and says files lost or missing from library. question: if they are listed, why can't I play them? there is a lot of great R&R I am missing...
  3. how to reinstall music to my windows media player library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reinstall music to my windows media player library: I have lost a lot of music from my windows media player old rock & roll , they are listed, but a dialog box appears and says files lost or missing from library. question: if they are listed, why can't I play them? there is a lot of great R&R I am missing...
  4. Windows Media Player Sample music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Sample music.: Looking back to around 2000 - 2003 we got a new Dell Computer that I believe had windows XP on it and for some reason all the threads I see about the free music that came with Windows does not mention the three songs that I remember being on my computer and I finally found...
  5. Windows Media Player Sample music.

Windows Media Player Sample music.: Looking back to around 2000 - 2003 we got a new Dell Computer that I believe had windows XP on it and for some reason all the threads I see about the free music that came with Windows does not mention the three songs that I remember being on my computer and I finally found...
  6. Windows Media Player - Music Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player - Music Access: I would like to make a folder for music I play routinely in Windows Music Player, that I can use to make playlists from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-music-access/adf695fe-8208-4375-a447-a22fdfa6ff19
  7. Windows Media Player - Music Access

Windows Media Player - Music Access: I would like to make a folder for music I play routinely in Windows Music Player, that I can use to make playlists from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-music-access/adf695fe-8208-4375-a447-a22fdfa6ff19
  8. How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?: I've a new PC; I put all My Music onto USB from my old PC & transferred it to Media Player MP in new PC which had MP on it. On new PC now, music is duplicated. I still have all My Music on old PC which I wish to retain....
  9. How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?

How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?: I've a new PC; I put all My Music onto USB from my old PC & transferred it to Media Player MP in new PC which had MP on it. On new PC now, music is duplicated. I still have all My Music on old PC which I wish to retain....
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644

Users found this page by searching for:

1. organize media player music

2. windows media player organize music