Windows 10: windows media player in windows 10

Discus and support windows media player in windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using Cortina, I found wmp and set it as my default. It works for wmv files but for wpl files I need to ope wmp then open a folder containing the wpl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by casale, May 18, 2017.

1. casale Win User

windows media player in windows 10

Using Cortina, I found wmp and set it as my default. It works for wmv files but for wpl files I need to ope wmp then open a folder containing the wpl file and enter it into the playlist spot. In windows 8.1, wmp woul automatically accept clicking on any video file including wpl. Can I no longer do that?

:)

casale, May 18, 2017

2. Does Windows 10 have Windows Media Player?

OT: media player.

I know windows 10 does not have windows media center but will windows 10 have windows media player?

Shirleyjean39, May 18, 2017
  3. windows media player in windows 10

Hi casale

Have you tried going to default apps in settings, then scroll to bottom of right hand side. Last item, "Set default by app".

Find Winamp, click on it once, then on right "Set this program as default". It should assign all possible file extensions that the app thinks it can own to it.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 18, 2017
Thema:

windows media player in windows 10

1. windows media player in windows 10 - Similar Threads - media player

2. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  3. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  4. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  5. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  6. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  7. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  8. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  9. XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player

XAVC file is not playing in Windows media player: I purchased HEVC Video Extensions and I tried playing the 4k videos. It's not working.Is there anything I am missing.How to install HEVC Video Extensions in Windows media player to play the files.Please provide detailed steps to install and start playing the XAVCfiles...
  10. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...