Windows 10: windows media player in windows 10

Discus and support windows media player in windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using Cortina, I found wmp and set it as my default. It works for wmv files but for wpl files I need to ope wmp then open a folder containing the wpl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by casale, May 18, 2017.

1. casale Win User

windows media player in windows 10

Using Cortina, I found wmp and set it as my default. It works for wmv files but for wpl files I need to ope wmp then open a folder containing the wpl file and enter it into the playlist spot. In windows 8.1, wmp woul automatically accept clicking on any video file including wpl. Can I no longer do that?

:)

casale, May 18, 2017

2. Does Windows 10 have Windows Media Player?

OT: media player.

I know windows 10 does not have windows media center but will windows 10 have windows media player?

Shirleyjean39, May 18, 2017
  3. windows media player in windows 10

Hi casale

Have you tried going to default apps in settings, then scroll to bottom of right hand side. Last item, "Set default by app".

Find Winamp, click on it once, then on right "Set this program as default". It should assign all possible file extensions that the app thinks it can own to it.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 18, 2017
Thema:

windows media player in windows 10

1. windows media player in windows 10 - Similar Threads - media player

2. How do I add media information in Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add media information in Windows Media Player?: How do I add media information in Windows Media Player? Such as Album, Title, Track title, et al? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-media-information-in-windows-media/c7a77811-d999-47a3-b5a5-81e7a5d26fca
  3. media player

in Windows 10 Customization
    media player: I can't play dvd that I used to be able to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player/cf056b81-46fd-4bd4-a0c2-6490722fb8d8
  4. Problems with media player - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with media player - Windows 10: Hi guys media player and youtube does not work all of a sudden. Does not work on any App. Also music making apps freeze and close down. Microsoft Team please help me with my computer issues. Can anyone suggest any fixes or patches?...
  5. Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player: I have recently reinstalled Windows, due to some un resolvable issues. For the first time in 3 years, so that was good going for me :. I rarely use WMP, but do occasionally. I tried using it this morning and it is not responding. The player comes up when I click on it, but...
  6. Remove disk others media players problem hp Compaqnc6400notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove disk others media players problem hp Compaqnc6400notebook: How to soveld Remove disk others media player hp Compaqnc6400 notebook lopto? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-disk-others-media-players-problem-hp/5ee394c1-e0ce-4be4-9d00-5be6ccf5f8bb
  7. Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player: I have an mp3 player and like to use Windows Media Player. On my new computer it is not working properly. It shows most of my library as unknown album and unknown artist. I have tried to search the question and followed one lot of advice but it didn't work. I have also...
  8. Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player: When I upgrade Windows Media Player 10 to WMP 12, will I lose what is saved on WMP 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/334ad875-ab2f-4dcd-9711-bb4acc9d4eae
  9. Windows Media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player: Please excuse the simplicity of this question - How do I save a copy of a cd or dvd in internet media 12 player? Also, when I try the drag and drop method, nothing happens. Advice would be appreciated....
  10. windows media player error when burning a cd.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player error when burning a cd.: "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver." how do i cure this ?...