Windows 10: windows media player is not properly installed

Discus and support windows media player is not properly installed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows media player says it is not properly installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thomaslegarski, May 5, 2019.

1. windows media player is not properly installed

windows media player says it is not properly installed

:)

thomaslegarski, May 5, 2019

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, May 5, 2019
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, May 5, 2019
  4. windows media player is not properly installed

THRiLL KiLL, May 5, 2019
Thema:

windows media player is not properly installed

1. windows media player is not properly installed - Similar Threads - media player properly

2. Media Player be installed on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player be installed on Windows 11.: Can Windows Media Player be installed on Windows 11? I recently purchased a new desktop with Windows 11 but it has no media player for CD's. Or, is there another recommended play option?...
  3. Media Player be installed on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player be installed on Windows 11.: Can Windows Media Player be installed on Windows 11? I recently purchased a new desktop with Windows 11 but it has no media player for CD's. Or, is there another recommended play option?...
  4. can not install windows media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not install windows media player: when i do this Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.i get the message that it failed ..i want to play .mov files, what should i do ?...
  5. Windows Media Player freezez on install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player freezez on install: Something went wrong with Windows Media player. So I uninstalled it.Went to reinstall and it hangs half-way through.Tried installing it in Safe Mode and it fails.Thoughts?...
  6. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER not working properly: I tried to Update "Apply Media Changes" and received an error message that it failed. It said to use the Repair Tool that came up on the screen. I did and now my library is completely messed up and incomplete! I have been receiving other error messages off and on for some...
  7. Windows Media Player not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player not working properly: While playing any CD in Windows Media Player, it stops playing the song after approximately 3 minutes of play and then it says no disc in drive. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Installing Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing Windows Media Player: I was copying CDs to mp3 format to my Music folder on my PC. I have a read/write cd/dvd drive. Somehow (probably stupidly) I uninstall Windows Media Player and can't figure out how to get it back. I have search on the web and tried numerous things. Can you Help....
  9. windows media player not woring properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media player not woring properly: i have decided to play videos. But what happen is the video is playing but sound was not there. volume is full. what should I do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-not-woring-properly/257158b3-50f7-42be-804a-c715e1718af2"
  10. Windows Media Player is not installed properly - A Possible Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player is not installed properly - A Possible Fix: Error Message: "Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled" Questions (and answers) about this error message are posted all over the web -- it seems to be a very common problem with Windows Media Player -- and many have posted fixes involving...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player is not installed correctly