Windows 10: Windows Media Player Jumplist Only Shows 4 Frequent/Recent Items

Discus and support Windows Media Player Jumplist Only Shows 4 Frequent/Recent Items in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; for those who dont know, the jumplist is the list of items that appear when you right click or drag up on an app in the taskbar i have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NuclearSlayer52, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Windows Media Player Jumplist Only Shows 4 Frequent/Recent Items

for those who dont know, the jumplist is the list of items that appear when you right click or drag up on an app in the taskbar

i have the jumplist set to 12 items, but the jumplist for Media Player only shows 4 under the Frequent/Recent list, if i pin them it shows them all, but i want the list to be set to "frequent" and for the most recent one ive used to be moved to the top, pinning them prevents that so its not a solution for me

:)

NuclearSlayer52, Aug 30, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Explorer's Jumplist reads "frequent" but shows recent

That's why I go with 3rd party tools! *cake *Party

There is a possible hint about jump lists showing frequent or recent here (from Win 7):
    windows 7 - Change from frequent to recent items in explorer jump list - Super User
    Changing Jumplist behavior for Windows Explorer/Windows Media Player

dalchina, Aug 30, 2020
  3. JKI
    jki Win User

Yeah, I noted that too.
    Can you uncheck and check back again the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access" option in Control Panel just to see if that "Frequent" switches to "Recent"? It's what happened to me.

4. KeithM Win User

Windows Media Player Jumplist Only Shows 4 Frequent/Recent Items

The jumplist, although the heading still says 'Frequent', seems to be relecting the Recent Folders collenction. Here's a sice-by-side of:

• Qucik Access
    • Recent Folders (shell:::{22877a6d-37a1-461a-91b0-dbda5aaebc99})
    • Frequent Folders (shell:::{3936E9E4-D92C-4EEE-A85A-BC16D5EA0819})
    • Explorer jumplist

Windows Media Player Jumplist Only Shows 4 Frequent/Recent Items [​IMG]

The only two items that appear in Recent Folders that don't appear in the jumplist are the Search "Streams" and "145__03", a folder on my camera no longer attached to the PC.

KeithM, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Player Jumplist Only Shows 4 Frequent/Recent Items

1. Windows Media Player Jumplist Only Shows 4 Frequent/Recent Items - Similar Threads - Media Player Jumplist

2. Recent update deleted Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update deleted Windows Media Player: Ok, I don't know why the update deleted but whenever I want to watch something, Media Player is not on the list. I uninstalled a pack that contains it and reinstall it again but the same thing. I can't believe you remove this as a feature, it was my favorite thing. I don't...
  3. Windows Explorer's Jumplist reads "frequent" but shows recent

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer's Jumplist reads "frequent" but shows recent: When I right-click on the Windows Explorer icon pinned to my taskbar, the jumplist shows, as usual, a list of pinned locations followed by a list of "frequent" locations. But the latter is actually showing the most recent places where I opened/saved a file, regardless of how...
  4. audio working only on windows media player

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio working only on windows media player: Audio is not working. It's not hardware issue as audio plays on windows media player. But when using Chrome and using VLC audio is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-working-only-on-windows-media-player/2f4c98b7-42e2-47bf-9b76-7d9765460e9e
  5. Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps

Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps: How do I disable these frequent/recent items showing up for apps? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-recentfrequent-items-for-apps/08e69428-de68-4d73-b0eb-525e2563285e
  6. Excel 2016 Jumplist no longer showing ANY recent workbooks

Excel 2016 Jumplist no longer showing ANY recent workbooks: I no longer have a section of the Jumplist labeled "Recent" it's just gone. I have 10+ Pinned workbooks and those all show up under the "Pinned" section of the jumplist but there is no "Recent" section or any documents showing other than my pinned workbooks. This just...
  7. Windows Media Player and Event Log items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player and Event Log items: Taken from Nirsoft My Events are these: Code: Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RecordingRestart definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehrec. Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration...
  8. Help with Windows Media Player context menu items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Windows Media Player context menu items: After my recent reinstallation of Windows 10, I no longer get the context menu options "Play with Windows Media Player" and "Add to Windows Media Player List" when I right click a folder containing videos which is set as "Videos" in the customization tab. I've had those...
  9. Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10: How to: Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 How to Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 Recent items is a list of the files that you have used or opened recently. These items are displayed as "Recent files" in Quick...
  10. Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off 'Recent Items' and 'Frequent Places' in Jump Lists in Windows 10 Recent items is a list of the files that you have used or opened recently. These items are displayed as "Recent...