Windows 10: Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music

Discus and support Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep having Windows Media Player freeze and have tried the built in troubleshooters, reinstalling it, and registering the .dll files. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Riverstar7, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music

I keep having Windows Media Player freeze and have tried the built in troubleshooters, reinstalling it, and registering the .dll files. After the latter one it deleted half of my playlists and it worked until I rebuilt those playlists, which suggests that maybe it's playlist related? I have 6 playlists, the longest of which is 90 songs, out of a library of 6-700 songs. Sometimes just selecting songs and asking them to play them will make it freeze right away, and sometimes it'll start playing fine, but the moment I click on it for any reason just to drag the window, or pause the song, etc then it'll freeze and stop working. Any suggestions?

I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit, 1 year old HP laptop. Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Graphics.

:)

Riverstar7, Jan 10, 2021

2. Windows Media Player Keeps Crashing

My Windows Media Player keeps crashing when I try to play music. It doesn't get more than 1 or 2 minutes into a song and crashes. The files have been ripped from my CD collection, and are MP3s or
    (WMA files. They have always played in the past -- they are not new in my PC system.What could be causing this?

Also, I have a new bluetooth, a SONY SRS-SB10. This pairs with my laptop, but doesn't seem to play. I'm not sure these 2 are related, but the Media Player has been crashing at the same time that this speaker doesn't actually play.

RWilliams2, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music

Media Player Playlists Keep Crashing

In the last two weeks, I have encountered a bizarre problem.

Normally, in my workday I like to have Media Player playing music on random play. It cycles between some 7000 tracks on my machine. That's the way I like to run my day. I have been doing this for several years way back since the days of Windows XP and on different machines and had nothing in the way of problems.

At the end of the day, I also like to go back through the tracks by hitting the |<< button and tag some of the music. It's just part of my ritual and the way I like doing things.

However, after having done things this way most days for the better part of a decade, I am having a new problem. That is that after I skip back through the tracks then after half-a-dozen tracks, sometimes more, the entire playlist randomly crashes and Media Player starts playing the song that was last playing from the beginning. Just that song and no others. The rest of the playlist is saved but I then have to restart and play it from the beginning.

Any help or suggestions as to why this is happening would be most welcomed

G0atshagger52, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music

1. Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music - Similar Threads - Media Player keeps

2. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  3. cant play DRM music on media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  4. keep getting erroe code 0x80070002 when trying to play music in media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keep getting erroe code 0x80070002 when trying to play music in media player: When i try to playback music from my library, Imported from win 10 PC in media player in windows 11, i keep getting error code 0x80070002. It basically says we can't find it and we can not get to your storage. try back later. Once in a while it connects and then won't....
  5. keep getting erroe code 0x80070002 when trying to play music in media player

keep getting erroe code 0x80070002 when trying to play music in media player: When i try to playback music from my library, Imported from win 10 PC in media player in windows 11, i keep getting error code 0x80070002. It basically says we can't find it and we can not get to your storage. try back later. Once in a while it connects and then won't....
  6. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  7. Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.: Small, red, round dot with x on it has appeared at the start of music title and is unplayable. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-for-windows-10-music-will-not/c4e82854-c104-4c35-aa75-3a01a907f420
  8. Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist: [ATTACH] Windows Media Player in most cases is a much better media player when compared to Groove. We can understand why the Groove Music app was created, but with the music pass aspect dead in the water, maybe it’s time for [...] This post Windows Media Player is not...
  9. Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music: Dear Community, Hi. I am having a problem that my keyboard does not work when Windows 10 Media Player is playing music. This started after the Windows 10 automatic update a couple of months ago. Can anyone please provide a fix for this issue? Thank you, Paul...
  10. Windows media player crashes on music or video.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player crashes on music or video.: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: wmplayer.exe Application Version: 12.0.17134.1 Application Timestamp: 854a1b2d Fault Module Name:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 98 media player freezes