Windows 10: Windows Media Player legacy keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...

Discus and support Windows Media Player legacy keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have windows media player legacy as my default media player on my PC. I don't have any intention to change it, I prefer those settings. Recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Charles Flores, May 25, 2024.

1. Windows Media Player legacy keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...

I have windows media player legacy as my default media player on my PC. I don't have any intention to change it, I prefer those settings. Recently, it's been crashing on me every time I try to open a video. When I double click on a video directly to try to open it with Media Player, it just freezes and I have to close the program. Then it'll display the message "RPC server is not available". If I open the Windows Media Player app and just select the video from there, or if I drag the video directly to the app icon on my desktop, the video opens up fine. I already tried the steps I found to ope

:)

Charles Flores, May 25, 2024

2. RPC Server Unavailable Windows Media Player

That’s good that you at least have a workaround, there was a previous thread with this issue which was resolved.

If you follow the accepted solution here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Regards,

Ross

rossmcbain, May 25, 2024
  3. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

How to delete the recent play list from Windows Media Player - Microsoft Support

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, May 25, 2024
  4. Tairui Win User

Windows Media Player legacy keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...

Media Player Legacy

Media Player Legacy continues to give me an error message. "Windows Media Player encountered an error while burning. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged."

I have tried many different ways to burn a music CD from my owned CD's for my water fitness classes. I have a new computer, Windows 11 and external DVD/CD driver. My old computer would easily burn CD's. What is the issue with Media Player Legacy?

Tairui, May 25, 2024
Thema:

Windows Media Player legacy keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...

1. Windows Media Player legacy keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not... - Similar Threads - Media Player legacy

2. Windows Media Player legacy keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player legacy keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...: I have windows media player legacy as my default media player on my PC. I don't have any intention to change it, I prefer those settings. Recently, it's been crashing on me every time I try to open a video. When I double click on a video directly to try to open it with Media...
  3. Windows Media Player keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...: I have windows media player as my default media player on my PC. I don't have any intention to change it, I prefer those settings. Recently, it's been crashing on me every time I try to open a video. When I double click on a video directly to try to open it with Media Player,...
  4. Windows Media Player keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...

Windows Media Player keeps crashing and showing error message "RPC server is not...: I have windows media player as my default media player on my PC. I don't have any intention to change it, I prefer those settings. Recently, it's been crashing on me every time I try to open a video. When I double click on a video directly to try to open it with Media Player,...
  5. Windows 11 Media Player Legacy keeps on crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player Legacy keeps on crashing: My Windows Media Player Legacy for Windows 11 keeps on crashing after I close X icon app. I need to know how do I fix this?SourceWindows Media PlayerSummaryStopped workingDate‎6/‎19/‎2023 9:00 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  6. Windows 11 Media Player Legacy keeps on crashing

Windows 11 Media Player Legacy keeps on crashing: My Windows Media Player Legacy for Windows 11 keeps on crashing after I close X icon app. I need to know how do I fix this?SourceWindows Media PlayerSummaryStopped workingDate‎6/‎19/‎2023 9:00 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  7. Media Player Legacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player Legacy: Media Player Legacy continues to give me an error message. "Windows Media Player encountered an error while burning. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged." I have tried many different ways to burn a music CD from my owned...
  8. Media Player Legacy

Media Player Legacy: Media Player Legacy continues to give me an error message. "Windows Media Player encountered an error while burning. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged." I have tried many different ways to burn a music CD from my owned...
  9. Windows Media Player Legacy

Windows Media Player Legacy: Windows media player legacy will not save the playlist for some reason and on the new media player, they released you can't create or save a playlist. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and am still having the same issue of not being able to save my playlist....
  10. RPC Server Unavailable Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    RPC Server Unavailable Windows Media Player: I was starting to record a couple clips of my gameplay and when i went to watch them in the media player I kept getting that error. Now mind you this error is a recent thing and I used to be able to use the media player and it just immediately work no hassle. What is odd is...