Windows 10: Windows media player library wiped ot of music files. How do I restore? Files still present...

Discus and support Windows media player library wiped ot of music files. How do I restore? Files still present... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-library-wiped-ot-of-music/4aba1ecc-1be9-45bb-a704-91c62de0fee9" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RhettHasell, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Windows media player library wiped ot of music files. How do I restore? Files still present...

As above

:)

RhettHasell, Dec 14, 2018

2. Libraries?? What's the difference between Windows Media Player Libraries and File Explorer Libraries?

Hi Community,

I am trying to find out

1: how to use Windows 10 File Explorer libraries?

2: what libraries are for?

3: how Windows 10 File Explorer libraries are different or similar to Windows Media Player libraries?

4: Where does Windows Media Player get its media database from?

I see Libraries listed in File Explorer and the subfolders Music, Pictures, Videos.

I have found out how to add folders to them. (by right clicking the folder I want to add and clicking 'include in library', then choose the appropriate library for the file type).

When I open Windows Media Player, I can choose Music, Pictures or Video from the list on the left of the player. However, the files in Windows Media Player Video Library are not the same ones as the files I've added to the File Explorer Video Library.

Any helpful advice appreciated.

EvelynMorton, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Still Use a Software Media Player for Music? If so, what? (Poll)

I use iTunes for my music library, as I have an iPod and it's kind of essential. For random music/audio files, I use Windows Media Player.

Red_Machine, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Windows media player library wiped ot of music files. How do I restore? Files still present...

Can not add Music album from Music library of computer to Media Player files

I have a few Albums stored in my Computers Music Library. I want to copy one particular album (the album has about 7 files - i.e. 7 music tracks) to
    Windows Media Player album Library. When I right click on the album in the Computer's music library, one of the options is to
    PLAY with windows media player - but another option is to
    ADD to Windows Media Player List
    ......but when I choose the later (ADD to list) all that happens is that the album starts to
    play - but does not get added to the Media Player album list. How do I overcome this problem. I am running Windows 7.

Still Active, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows media player library wiped ot of music files. How do I restore? Files still present...

1. Windows media player library wiped ot of music files. How do I restore? Files still present... - Similar Threads - media player library

2. how to reinstall music to my windows media player library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall music to my windows media player library: I have lost a lot of music from my windows media player old rock & roll , they are listed, but a dialog box appears and says files lost or missing from library. question: if they are listed, why can't I play them? there is a lot of great R&R I am missing...
  3. how to reinstall music to my windows media player library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reinstall music to my windows media player library: I have lost a lot of music from my windows media player old rock & roll , they are listed, but a dialog box appears and says files lost or missing from library. question: if they are listed, why can't I play them? there is a lot of great R&R I am missing...
  4. Unable to add .WAV files to music library in Media Player new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add .WAV files to music library in Media Player new: I am trying to add .WAV files to my music library in Media Player not the old one from the windows XP days, the one that came with Windows 10 and can be found in the Windows app store. When prompted with the "Add Folder" button when the app says it cannot find any music. It...
  5. Unable to add .WAV files to music library in Media Player new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add .WAV files to music library in Media Player new: I am trying to add .WAV files to my music library in Media Player not the old one from the windows XP days, the one that came with Windows 10 and can be found in the Windows app store. When prompted with the "Add Folder" button when the app says it cannot find any music. It...
  6. Unable to add .WAV files to music library in Media Player new

7. How do I stop Media Player from adding OneDrive Music to the library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop Media Player from adding OneDrive Music to the library: I am getting tired of removing the OneDrive Music folder from the Windows Media Player library. I don't need two copies of all my music displayed in the library when it updates media. I keep removing it from the library but Windows keeps putting it back....
  8. Recover music library in media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover music library in media player: I reinstalled windows 10 and lost all my music in my media player library how can I get them back please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-music-library-in-media-player/4e9a94c1-e0c8-432d-96a1-bb3ddcae2181
  9. how do I transfer music from Windows media player to iTunes library?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I transfer music from Windows media player to iTunes library?: How do I transfer music from Windows media player to an apple nano MP3 player or to the iTunes library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-music-from-windows-media-player/414761ff-c0f7-4584-ba39-f6b8e3299897
  10. Windows Media Player no longer has music library

Windows Media Player no longer has music library: Windows 10 Windows Media Player 12 Hello. Just turned on my computer and Windows has one album showing with 4572 songs at 0 minutes The music in file explorer plays thru groove but no longer thru media player. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail Updating media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player music wiped

2. media player has wiped the library