Windows 10: Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player

Discus and support Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I run the PlayerXtreme media app latest version on my IPAD. I setup Windows Media Player windows 10 latest updates to play videos from my PC. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RG357, Dec 2, 2022.

1. RG357 Win User

Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player

I run the PlayerXtreme media app latest version on my IPAD. I setup Windows Media Player windows 10 latest updates to play videos from my PC. When connected it works great, but I intermittently lose the share between player and app. when I look at the app it show a network error even though i see the share from my PC shows the PC name under 'Shared' view box in the app. I have to restart my PC one or two times sometimes to get the player to reestablish the share with the playerextreme app. How do I make this share more sticky so I dont lose the connection infrequently? thank youRG

:)

RG357, Dec 2, 2022

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Dec 2, 2022
  3. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

How to delete the recent play list from Windows Media Player - Microsoft Support

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player

1. Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player - Similar Threads - Media Player loses

2. Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player loses its Share to PlayerXtreme media player: I run the PlayerXtreme media app latest version on my IPAD. I setup Windows Media Player windows 10 latest updates to play videos from my PC. When connected it works great, but I intermittently lose the share between player and app. when I look at the app it show a network...
  3. media player

media player: I accidentally uninstalled media player. How do i reinstall in Windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player/d8223aea-850c-4939-adff-0c510c8e9272
  4. Shared media player question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shared media player question: So recently some files in my shared library have been starting to stutter when playing them on my TV via the windows media sharing option from my computer. I dont know what has changed but its only some files not all. I am running Windows 10 and my PC and TV are both hard...
  5. media streamer (windows media player sharing) is nuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    media streamer (windows media player sharing) is nuts?: Question. i have 2 different windows 10 machines on my network. the media server is turned on, on a pc which is OFF. on another pc I open This PC, and under Network locations, before the network drives is icon that looks like external hard drive for the media server. when i...
  6. Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player: How can I stop Media Player form opening every time I insert a SD card? I have tried five or six different ways and nothing can stop Media Palyer from opening the pictures every time I insert my SD card. It is really annoying....
  7. Windows Media Sharing with Media Player

Windows Media Sharing with Media Player: Streaming video to wifi devices ok when finding through "folders" but can't see any video playlists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-sharing-with-media-player/2ac15199-c59d-4038-89b7-386a784e8fab
  8. Media Player losing files

Media Player losing files: Why does Windows 10 Media Player keep losing cover art files and misplacing music files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-losing-files/8e132e0a-8d45-4c85-8a9f-8b4627478727
  9. media sharing (Windows Media Player)

media sharing (Windows Media Player): I recently purchased a Smart TV, while l do watch content from an external there are occasions its kind of pointless to disconnect the drive for just one file, now l have no issues casting videos to the TV l was hoping for a little more control while in any kind of streaming...
  10. Windows Media Player keeps losing its library settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player keeps losing its library settings: I have just installed a bootable SSD into my desktop PC and moved all my music tracks onto the old hard drive - which is to keep all my data on. As expected, I amended my library definitions to point them to the locations of folders on the remapped hard drive. I did the...