Windows 10: Windows Media Player Microsoft Store Failing to open.

Discus and support Windows Media Player Microsoft Store Failing to open. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; App closes as soon as the window opens.When downloading the app from the Microsoft store, it only shows as downloading 130KB from the store and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by yourma2000, May 26, 2023.

1. Windows Media Player Microsoft Store Failing to open.

App closes as soon as the window opens.When downloading the app from the Microsoft store, it only shows as downloading 130KB from the store and after the installation is finished, it only shows as taking up 24KB of space.Windows event viewer says the following:Faulting application name: Microsoft.Media.Player.exe, version: 11.2303.10.0, time stamp: 0x6426f697Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1761, time stamp: 0x66bfff10Exception code: 0xc000027bFault offset: 0x000000

:)

yourma2000, May 26, 2023

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, May 26, 2023
  3. Windows Media Player is not in Default apps list in Windows 10

I know, this question was asked many times, but there is still no answer that can actually solve the problem. There are steps to get the WMP in Windows Optional Features, install it if missing, etc. - I did all that, and now WMP runs and plays media files. However, there is no way in Windows 10 to set it as a Default App to play media file types.

• Go to "Default apps" > "Music Player" > "Choose Default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Choose default apps by file type" > ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Set Defaults by app" > Windows Media Player is here! > select "Manage" > find ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - the only choice is "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store".

After a long time spent searching I found this article: https://www.ghacks.net/2016/02/16/how-to-make-any-program-the-default-on-windows-10/

Apparently after 1803 you are supposed to use hackers tools to set the Microsoft's own Windows Media Player as default. I used FileTypesMan as was suggested in the article, but when I try to change assignments for .mp3 files, I get "Error 5: Access is denied" from the tool. Also, if I right-click on an .mp3 file and select "Open with..." it still suggests me to go to Microsoft Store, open with Notepad, Paint, Word, but not Windows Media Player.

What is the proper way to make WMP the default media player, so it shows up in the Default apps list?

sun2sirius, May 26, 2023
  4. Windows Media Player Microsoft Store Failing to open.

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows Media Player Microsoft Store Failing to open.

1. Windows Media Player Microsoft Store Failing to open. - Similar Threads - Media Player Microsoft

2. Microsoft store fails to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store fails to open: Microsft store fails to open. I don't know when it started. When I open the app It first says: Try that again. Page could not be loaded. Please try again later. It then gives 2 options: Report this problem and Refresh the page. When I click Refresh the page it says: Check...
  3. Microsoft store fails to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store fails to open: Microsft store fails to open. I don't know when it started. When I open the app It first says: Try that again. Page could not be loaded. Please try again later. It then gives 2 options: Report this problem and Refresh the page. When I click Refresh the page it says: Check...
  4. microsoft store is failing to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store is failing to open: microsoft store is failing to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-is-failing-to-open/59bd0ff6-38ad-434d-9a16-e6748ea8dffb
  5. microsoft store is failing to open

microsoft store is failing to open: microsoft store is failing to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-is-failing-to-open/59bd0ff6-38ad-434d-9a16-e6748ea8dffb
  6. microsoft store is failing to open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Windows Media Player Microsoft Store Failing to open.

Windows Media Player Microsoft Store Failing to open.: App closes as soon as the window opens.When downloading the app from the Microsoft store, it only shows as downloading 130KB from the store and after the installation is finished, it only shows as taking up 24KB of space.Windows event viewer says the following:Faulting...
  8. Microsoft Store Fails to Open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Fails to Open: Hello!A little while ago I think I accidently deleted either the Microsoft Store or something that it needs in order to open. I first noticed this problem as I wasn't able to open Microsoft Photos at all sorry, I don't remember the error I was getting, so I was going to...
  9. Media Keys Opens Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Keys Opens Windows Media Player: Whenever I hit the volume, keys on my keyboard, it automatically opens Windows Media Player instead of controlling the volume. The only thing I done prior to that was did a full scan on 'Advanced SystemCare 12.4 Pro'. I'm thinking it might've changed a setting to get it to do...
  10. Windows Media Player not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player not opening: I am trying to watch a video oral argument from http://www.5dca.org/ArchivedOAs/2019/Aoa01-10-19.pdf and my Media Player is not opening. Instead when I click on "View Video" it throws me over to a blank page in Google Chrome. I am using Windows 10 Pro....