Windows 10: Windows Media Player no longer displays CD Play; CD no longer invokes WMP

Discus and support Windows Media Player no longer displays CD Play; CD no longer invokes WMP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have been using a USB connected CD player with Windows 10 successfully to rip some of my CD collection. Suddenly when I put a CD in it no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr-John, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Dr-John Win User

Windows Media Player no longer displays CD Play; CD no longer invokes WMP

Have been using a USB connected CD player with Windows 10 successfully to rip some of my CD collection. Suddenly when I put a CD in it no longer invokes WMP. If I open WMP the CD player is no longer displayed as media source. All the discussions I have found around this issue are for earlier version of Windows where there appears to have been a WMP troubleshooter. Any suggestions out there?

:)

Dr-John, Mar 23, 2019
  2. CarolHove Win User

Windows media player ( WMP) no longer goes to the internet for cd info

WMP no longer access the internet for cd info so I have to enter the info manually

CarolHove, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Windows Media will not burn my music discs to play on regular CD players

Thanks much for the reply. That is not the problem. I experienced that issue once with my last computer. WMP is supposed to have options to make sure you write to CD or other. My WMP in Windows 10 on this new Lenovo computer does not have that option.

My next option is the Geek Squad.

Thanks again.

CGaleBaker, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Windows Media Player no longer displays CD Play; CD no longer invokes WMP

I am running Windows 10. I am also running WMP 12 which doesn't recognise my cd's and no longer plays them.

Original Title - Windows Media Player

I am running Windows 10. I am also running WMP 12 which doesn't recognise my cd's and no longer plays them. Also, WMP no longer has the Rip facility. It just suddenly disappeared. I do not know when that happened. Has anyone else had a similar experience.

Thank You

jackhobsYP, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Player no longer displays CD Play; CD no longer invokes WMP

1. Windows Media Player no longer displays CD Play; CD no longer invokes WMP - Similar Threads - Media Player longer

2. Cd/dvd Drive no longer displays as installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cd/dvd Drive no longer displays as installed: Hi. I just noticed that my E-drive/ cd-dvd drive no longer shows up as an installed device. I followed an Microsoft forum troubleshooting guide and uninstalled the driver. I then restarted the laptop. The driver did NOT install upon restart.System is windows 10, HP laptop....
  3. Cd/dvd Drive no longer displays as installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cd/dvd Drive no longer displays as installed: Hi. I just noticed that my E-drive/ cd-dvd drive no longer shows up as an installed device. I followed an Microsoft forum troubleshooting guide and uninstalled the driver. I then restarted the laptop. The driver did NOT install upon restart.System is windows 10, HP laptop....
  4. Cd/dvd Drive no longer displays as installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. make an audio cd that will play on cd players

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    make an audio cd that will play on cd players: How do Imake an audio cd that will play on a cd player? Got songs from computer to cd with no problem, but will not play on cd player, or in vehicle cd player....
  6. Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD

Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD: I have a new PC and I have connected a Pioneer BDR-XD07U drive via USB with a CD audio disc in the drive but when I try to play any audio track from the drive Windows Media Player will launch but not play any of the tracks. The drive shows in Media Player so the app at least...
  7. Windows Media Player-CD

Windows Media Player-CD: On Windows Media Player, before I Updated Windows, songs from my CD that I burned into Media Player Played. Now some play some don't. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cd/4de6544e-9155-4da7-b7c3-a26aa9179b39
  8. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  9. media player will no longer burn cd's

media player will no longer burn cd's: Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and haven't been able to burn cd's in the media player. I get a message,"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files, if burner is busy, wait for current task to finish. If necessary, verify the burner is properly connected and that you have...
  10. Windows Media Player no longer burns CD's

Windows Media Player no longer burns CD's: After downloading Windows 10, I prepared a playlist of music. Every blank CD that I insert gets kicked back saying "please insert blank disk". I managed to get a CD in, and it said "burn complete" but there was no music files on the disk. Is there a patch or driver to update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows media player no longer will play cds

2. windows media player not ripping cd