Windows 10: Windows Media Player not accessing my internal DVD player to Rip CD's

Discus and support Windows Media Player not accessing my internal DVD player to Rip CD's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to rip CD's to Windows Media Player but Windows 10 does not let me access my internal DVD drive. It states that I might not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Col-T, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Col-T Win User

Windows Media Player not accessing my internal DVD player to Rip CD's

Hi, I am trying to rip CD's to Windows Media Player but Windows 10 does not let me access my internal DVD drive. It states that I might not have permission to use this network resource, contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions, the device is not ready. It is my computer and I am the administrator. What is going on with my F: ?

:)

Col-T, Jul 17, 2019

2. Unable to rip CD's from Windows Media Player asking for Media rights to cds

Hi Jerrie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about ripping CD's on Windows Media Player.

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check.

Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter find and fix problems with settings in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player Settings and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about:

Burn and rip CDs

Note: The steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2019
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Windows Media Player not accessing my internal DVD player to Rip CD's

Cannot rip a whole cd to windows media player

Hello Dale,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue burning CD’s using Windows Media Player on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    There is a possibility that this issue could be due to corrupt Media Player settings or due to the Windows Media Player burning disc speed is high.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Please follow the steps given below to change the settings in Windows Media Player.

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library, click the Burn tab.
    • Click the Burn options button.
    • Then click on more burn options.
    • Please make the following changes:
    Burn CD without gaps. Select this check box if you don't want two-second gaps between each song on audio CDs that you burn.

If the issue still persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Run inbuilt Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on Windows Media Player Settings and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to uninstall then re-install Windows Media Player and then check if this fixes the issue.

Step 1:

Follow these steps to uninstall Windows Media Player:

a) Press “Windows key + W”.

b) Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

c) Expand “Media Features” option.

d) Un-check “Media Player”.

e) Restart the computer.

Step 2:

Follow these steps to re-install Windows Media Player:

a) Press “Windows key + W”.

b) Type “Turn Windows Features on or off” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

c) Expand “Media Features” option.

d) Make a check mark next to “Media Player”.

e) Restart the computer.

For reference:

Please refer to the article given below and check if it helps.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player

All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Player not accessing my internal DVD player to Rip CD's

1. Windows Media Player not accessing my internal DVD player to Rip CD's - Similar Threads - Media Player accessing

2. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  3. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  4. Windows Media Player CD Ripping Questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player CD Ripping Questions: 1. Why is it that most CDs don't have album art when viewing in windows media player and upon ripping them to device? Is this an issue with the CD or WMP?*Sometimes this will happen with both of the two images, or with one and not the other.2. How do I make it so that ripped...
  5. Ripping cd's in Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ripping cd's in Media Player: I am trying to rip cd's to my laptop using Media Player and keep getting the message 'Media Player cannot rip one or more cd's'. What is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds-in-media-player/6b8143b8-eb5f-4154-b930-d4465e9a20d0
  6. Media Player quit ripping some CD’s.

Media Player quit ripping some CD’s.: Windows Media Player quit ripping certain CD’s. I think this began with a Software update. One day it worked, the next day it didn’t. No changes were made by me. I have tried the suggestions in the forum for a fix by changing settings etc. to no avail. Microsoft needs to...
  7. CD RIP in Media Player

CD RIP in Media Player: RIP option does not come on in Windows Media Player when I load a CD. The songs are shown correctly in the listing but I am unable to rip to file. This has always worked OK before today....
  8. media player will not rip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player will not rip: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-rip/718d6d9c-66d4-47ea-86c6-767282466c49
  9. windows media player is unable to rip cd's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media player is unable to rip cd's: yesterday the wma stopped ripping cd's. An error box pops up saying "unable to rip 1 or more tracks". I seem to have lost the "public music" folder from the list of folders which was the folder the ripped cd was saved to....
  10. Ripping a CD to my Computer's Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ripping a CD to my Computer's Windows Media Player: Windows Media Player won't rip CD to my WMP music library. This is a Windows 7 WMP program transferred with a Windows 10 upgrade. Haven't used WMP rip up until now. I put the CD into my laptop and had always got immediate processing under Windows 7,but now the CD is entered...