Windows 10: windows media player not playing file with .coc extension

Discus and support windows media player not playing file with .coc extension in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the windows media player is not playing a file that has an extension .coc . it says the extension .coc is not recognized by the windows media player,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nehas_46, Mar 12, 2019.

1. nehas_46 Win User

windows media player not playing file with .coc extension

the windows media player is not playing a file that has an extension .coc . it says the extension .coc is not recognized by the windows media player, the player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

This is windows 10. what can we do to play the file?

:)

nehas_46, Mar 12, 2019

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Mar 12, 2019
  4. windows media player not playing file with .coc extension

Unable to access cbr extension files on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

Hi Laurence,

As you are facing issues with accessing the music files with CPR extension files in Windows Media Player, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that there might be a software update from the manufacturer that might have changed the settings to save the files as.

I recommend you to change the file name extension from cpr to wma, try to access the file in Windows Media Player and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for Making File Extensions Visible and change the extensions:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows Explorer.
    • Click the View tab,
    • In the View/hide section, check the File name extensions
      box.
    • Right click on the file with cpr extension, click on Rename
      and enter the name with .wma extension.
    • Click Ok.
    • Try to import the file on to Windows Media Player, access it and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the music files on Windows Media Player for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

windows media player not playing file with .coc extension

1. windows media player not playing file with .coc extension - Similar Threads - media player playing

2. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES: WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES AND NO ART WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-files/f372ab07-9022-438c-b994-e47ad2750a0f
  3. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES: WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CAN'T PLAY FILES AND NO ART WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-files/f372ab07-9022-438c-b994-e47ad2750a0f
  4. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  5. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  6. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  7. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  8. Windows Media Player cannot play the file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file: Hello all. I was recording duration of 2 hours then happened Power outage, so i couldn't play that video, is there any solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cannot-play-the-file/2ff40864-133a-4ce4-9f2c-3d64721c11a2
  9. Problem playing file on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem playing file on Windows Media Player: I was sent private audio files of the type name.cda which Windows Media Player plays fine from the CD sent to me but will not play the same files when I download them to my hard disk. How do I fix this? Can Windows Media Player upload them to my hard disk? Thank you....
  10. Windows Media Player cannot play the file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file....