Windows 10: windows media player problems.

Discus and support windows media player problems. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi.i,m trying to find solutions to 2) problems on WMP and contact us, led me to Community. As an oap i struggle to understand/learn all the new words... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by melsilversurfer73, Jul 22, 2019.

1. windows media player problems.

Hi.i,m trying to find solutions to 2) problems on WMP and contact us, led me to Community.

As an oap i struggle to understand/learn all the new words for everything, it,s like a foreign language so i write old way and would appreciate any help/assistance with the following 2. things.

1St I still buy cds to play,also use my laptop to rip and then sync to my phone,Note 8, when i rip the cd all the info is there in WMP plus cover art etc however when i sync to phone it puts it in"Unknown" for artist but sometimes ok for album, but without cover art. i can/do use an app to get some of the album art but this does not always work.

2nd i,ve filled a 64 gb micro sd card and have bought a 200gb card to allow me to load lots more music plus some concert videos but can,t do so till i can find solutions to above, i have tried YTube plus wiki how, online generally but have,n,t found an answer. I,d like to load card in it,s caddy whilst in the USB 3 port to avoid swapping the sd card over several times but this doesn,t work either.

In rip settings i,ve ticked all boxes for info so cannot understand why WMP syncing as Unknown,, also cannot understand why MS don,t have option in menu to simply allow to click for sync of all music plus cover art/ info to a sd card. frustrating.

Apologies for long question but if anyone has the patience and time to assist i will most grateful. please accept my thanks in anticipation of your assistance. all the best. mel.

:)

melsilversurfer73, Jul 22, 2019

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player problems.

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

windows media player problems.

1. windows media player problems. - Similar Threads - media player problems

2. Windows media player problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player problems: For several weeks Windows media player hasn't opened properly - just a blank window that will not close or minimise. Eventually I looked up help. I tried troubleshooter - no good. I then tried the disable/restart/re-enable option in "features" and that didn't make any...
  3. Windows Media Player problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player problem: I was trying to use Windows Media Player and a window kept coming up about running a diagnostic. I never clicked it. Now, it just won't work. You click the icon and nothing happens. Is there a way to fix it or reload it? submitted by /u/ConcentricGroove [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Media Player Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Problem: When I play mp4 videos in Windows Media Player it often plays them at a slow speed or freezes and when I attempt to close it down, it won't respond unless I do so more than once. Is it because of the type of file? The size of the file doesn't seem to matter. Is this a common...
  5. Windows Media Player problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player problems: Hi guys, I keep getting errors in Windows Media Player (WMP). To be more specific, slow start, then hangs & after 15 secs or so I can use it, with no problems. But the Windows Problem Solver/Troubleshooter says that my Settings are corrupt & the other one says my Library is...
  6. Windows media player problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media player problem: Hello, I ripped an audio book on CD. I see it there under This PC, MUSIC. Now, I cannot find it in Windows media player. How do I get Windows Media player to recognize these files ? Thank you, Richard...
  7. Windows Media Player problem

Windows Media Player problem: I am trying to burn an audio music cd with windows 10. Playlist is entered, a new writable cd is installed and my new disk is not recognized as being installed. What can I do?...
  8. Problem with Windows Media Player

Problem with Windows Media Player: I used to be on windows 10 pro version 1709, but I decided to update to 1803 (OS Build 17134.191), and after I did, I updated my Shark007 Codecs (Advanced Version/32 to 64-Bit bundle) to version 10.4.1 Normally when I update, I have no problems at all, so I doubted I would...
  9. window media player problem

window media player problem: i am having trouble out of window media player it will download the songs but won't finalized the cd the cd won't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/window-media-player-problem/448537f5-36dc-46c7-9d28-0629cd923332
  10. problem with windows media player

problem with windows media player: It seems my media player is corrupted since a previous update. It will not play videos without looking like Dr Timothy Leary made them. Is there a place I can download Media Player 12? I went to the Windows download pages but it never has a trigger to download even though its...