Windows 10: Windows Media Player Q

Discus and support Windows Media Player Q in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a way to get WMP to open maximised when I double click a video file, instead of opening just the size of the video? Is this a setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Homer Simpson, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Windows Media Player Q

Hi, Is there a way to get WMP to open maximised when I double click a video file, instead of opening just the size of the video? Is this a setting within WMP, like play maximised, or is it a separate command?

:)

Homer Simpson, Feb 23, 2016
  2. nanaja Win User

Motorola Q video

Is there anyway to play video recorded with the Q on a laptop or desktop? I have tried Windows Media Player & Real Player.

nanaja, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Linley Meslier, Feb 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows Media Player Q

Normally if you maximise the WMP window the system remembers this and will open next time as a maximised window. I have just tried this on mine and it remembered the setting.

Sorry, just checked again on some other videos and I see that if the native video size was smaller than full screen then it reverts back to a smaller size window. Mmm... may need to check a bit further.

philc43, Feb 23, 2016
  5. Yeah, this works sometimes if I double click on the program icon to open it, but if I open it by double clicking on a media file it doesn't

Homer Simpson, Feb 23, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Yes, I looked some more and agree it is not consistent - just edited my previous post.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player Q

1. Windows Media Player Q - Similar Threads - Media Player

2. Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player: Whe are some songs not recognized in my library play list while others are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/37e40d8b-9214-41e1-a862-4b60bd76807f
  3. Task scheduler, Windows Media Player arguments

Task scheduler, Windows Media Player arguments: Hello, I'm using Task Scheduler to play a specific song every day at a certain time. That works fine. Challenge is that I want the song to play on repeat. I already set Windows media player to repeat though Task Scheduler plays it once and that's it. Questions: 1 Is...
  4. windows media player cannot burn the files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows media player cannot burn the files: Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver. what can I do...
  5. windows media player issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player issues.: Windows media player keep asking that I insert a blank CD and .A cd is in there. I tried all your suggestions without any resolve. I need a real tech support person....
  6. WINDOWS media player

WINDOWS media player: My windows constantly is popping up. in any screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/ad3f987e-7b1a-4803-bb2d-dbe39477512d
  7. Windows Media Player help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player help: Accidentally set .ytd to open with a media playerWindows Media Player, how do I get them to open as folders again??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-help/d02ef989-a239-48ff-b80c-df29bd5c2f47
  8. Any gorgeous media player for windows similar to infuse on ios?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any gorgeous media player for windows similar to infuse on ios?: I need a windows movie player that fetches metadata automatically like the movie poster, actors, ratings... Been a VLC user until recently, I found an app on iPad called infuse and I loved the way it organizes whatever movies or series you throw at it. Any similar software...
  9. Windows Media Player Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player Problems: There was an Windows update done on my PC today. Sometime after it was completed, I went to play some music and discovered that my albums and playlists disappeared from Windows Media Player! I then ripped a CD and now the "find album information" add on musicmatch-ssl.x-box...
  10. Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Streaming Not Responding: Hello: Recently I have had trouble with WMP Streaming not responding. All other parts of WMP work fine. When I try to enable other streaming options, view discovered devices, allow all devices on the home network to stream then click OK the Windows streaming function it...