Windows 10: Windows Media Player randomly changes the volume

Discus and support Windows Media Player randomly changes the volume in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I use WMP a lot while I'm working. It worked fine on my previous box, but I just got a new PC and installed Win10 Pro with all updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yossu, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Yossu Win User

Windows Media Player randomly changes the volume

Hello,

I use WMP a lot while I'm working. It worked fine on my previous box, but I just got a new PC and installed Win10 Pro with all updates.

When I play mp3s, WMP will randomly alter the volume. Sometimes it plays them at normal volume, sometimes they are really quiet. Often they are very loud, and altering the volume slider on WMP doesn't make any difference until you get down to about 8 or lower, at which point it suddenly becomes much quieter. Even when you get it right, the next track might play at a totally different volume.

Anyone any ideas? WMP is pretty unusable at the moment. Thanks

:)

Yossu, Sep 27, 2016

2. Windows media player and volume mixer interaction

hello, i was wondering if there was any way to change the volume of windows media player in the volume mixer without it changing the volume slider in windows media player. i was able to do this in windows 7 but since i upgraded to windows 10 they seem
    to be linked.

Genexisone, Sep 27, 2016
  3. System sound matches Windows media player sound

Hello,

So After the Windows 10 update, I was playing some music and it was a little to loud for my liking. So I tried adjusting the volume to be much lower within Windows media player and no effect occurred. this is the same result when changing the volume control
    for windows media player in the volume mixer. Basically, Windows media player will play the audio at 100% when at 1% volume. The only solution would be to adjust the entire system sound, and I'm not wanting to do this because I like having the music in the
    background and not overwhelming as it is now.

I did not have this issue with Windows 7. I could put the Windows media player on a low volume and it would actually play at a low volume. Please do not ask me to use Groove music as I've tried this as an alternative and I'm not very fond of it. Is there
    a fix for this issue or am I going to have to use a different alternative?

armstrong0790, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Aomat Win User

Hey,

I would simply try resetting WMP to default settings.

Aomat, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Yossu Win User
    Sorry for the delay in replying.

I can't see how to do that. Any clues?

Thanks

Yossu, Oct 31, 2016
  6. Yossu Win User
    Anyone able to help here? It's as bad as ever, if not worse.

Yossu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player randomly changes the volume - Similar Threads - Media Player randomly

2. Change Media Player Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Media Player Language: Change Media Player Language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-media-player-language/8cd16372-d287-4bf5-85d7-8b0cd033b794
  3. Change Media Player Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Media Player Language: Change Media Player Language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-media-player-language/8cd16372-d287-4bf5-85d7-8b0cd033b794
  4. Windows 10 Volume Problem Volume Randomly Changes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Volume Problem Volume Randomly Changes: Has this problem finally been resolvedsee subject?I am so tired of it, and have tried all the suggested solutions.....What can be done?krcesa...
  5. Random Volume Changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Volume Changes: I have a problem that my Sound Volume changes randomly from time to time on windows. I can literally see how the Volume bar raises (as I'm writing this I realise its actually ONLY raising, never falling). Is there a way to see where this input comes from? So it could be a...
  6. Random Windows Media Player Remote Libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Windows Media Player Remote Libraries: Hello! I opened up Windows Media Player today to find several random remote libraries. I have an ethernet connection to a home network, no wi-fi. I have no clue why these are here or who these people are. It really scares me! All my sharing settings are set to private, and...
  7. Volume randomly changes in volume mixer

Volume randomly changes in volume mixer: Here's a GIF of my volume mixer, if anyone could help that'd be great submitted by /u/Fitzyy23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3f724/volume_randomly_changes_in_volume_mixer/
  8. Volume Randomly Changes

Volume Randomly Changes: Whenever I'm watching YouTube, sometimes my volume randomly changes. This isn't just for YouTube though. It happens to any application I'm using. What happens is that, when the volume changes, the slider number says the same but the volume gets really loud. To fix this, I...
  9. Windows Media Player volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player volume: WMP audio volume slider and mute are not working but it does have sound. If I use the main volume mixer I can control the speaker volume but not WMP. I also have MPC-HC media player installed and it's volume control works fine. What can I do? 77616
  10. Volume Randomly Changing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume Randomly Changing.: So when i play music on Spotify while playing a game, my volume randomly goes up and down, It only stops if i mute all of the sounds of the game, i've looked and looked in all the settings, changed the communications tab to "do nothing" and it still wants to change my volume,...