Windows 10: Windows Media Player - Right-Click & Selection Bug

Discus and support Windows Media Player - Right-Click & Selection Bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'd like to emphasise that I've experienced this issue on two fresh Windows 10 installations recently. In Windows Media Player, attempting to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LMH98, Feb 15, 2018.

1. LMH98 Win User

Windows Media Player - Right-Click & Selection Bug

I'd like to emphasise that I've experienced this issue on two fresh Windows 10 installations recently.

In Windows Media Player, attempting to select or right-click anything results in a strange bug where the selection square is enlarged to the left, pushing the cursor to the top of the screen, causing WMP to scroll upwards. It happens every single time, and only in Windows Media Player. I can't remember exactly when this started, but it was some time late 2017. I have recently experienced it on two fresh installations of Build 16299.2.

What should be happening:

Windows Media Player - Right-Click & Selection Bug [​IMG]

What's actually happening:

Is anyone else seeing this?

:)

LMH98, Feb 15, 2018
  2. Shilohbob Win User

Lost windows medial player

Try this > open 'Control Panel' > select 'Programs & features' > select 'Turn Windows features of / on' > scroll to 'Media features' > expand feature (press +) > select 'Windows Media Player' > click 'OK'.

If that falls try > download Windows Media Player and install in Compatibility mode / with Admin rights.

Shilohbob, Feb 15, 2018
  3. How do I play and save a .wav file from my audio recorder?

Windows Media Player will play .wav files. Right-click a .wav file & select it from the
    Open With list.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Feb 15, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Right click on mine:

x64 Build 16299.248

Are you using a wireless mouse? Try a basic wired one...

dalchina, Feb 17, 2018
  5. Sanantta Win User
    I tried to edit my latest post, but I couldn't. I found a solution! It's worked for me. You can find it here.

Sanantta, Apr 5, 2018
  6. Sanantta Win User
    I'm experiencing the same problem, and, like you, this only happens with Windows Media Player. I just discovered it today, so I don't know when it started; I guess it was with the latest update or something like that. I've searched for the solution, but I haven't been able to find it. I'll keep searching.

Sanantta, Apr 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player - Right-Click & Selection Bug - Similar Threads - Media Player Right

2. Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.: Whenever a file is removed manually from a playlist on the Windows Media Player, at the bottom of the playlist, new "files" will appear at the bottom of the playlist, often times amalgamations of other songs in the playlist, or completely blank.This is incredibly...
  3. Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.: Whenever a file is removed manually from a playlist on the Windows Media Player, at the bottom of the playlist, new "files" will appear at the bottom of the playlist, often times amalgamations of other songs in the playlist, or completely blank.This is incredibly...
  4. New and Improved Media Player, right?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New and Improved Media Player, right?: So I updated the Media Player through the Microsoft Store today. I guess MS decided everyone should listen to all their videos in French. Thanks, but I speak English. America is still a country last time I check guys. Can you provide instructions on how to enable English or...
  5. New and Improved Media Player, right?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New and Improved Media Player, right?: So I updated the Media Player through the Microsoft Store today. I guess MS decided everyone should listen to all their videos in French. Thanks, but I speak English. America is still a country last time I check guys. Can you provide instructions on how to enable English or...
  6. Change right-click menu selection color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change right-click menu selection color?: I've updated to version 1903 today and notice a ridiculous change: in the right-click menu (such as right-clicking the recycle bin), the selection color showing you what option you are on with your mouse is now white. Since the menu is also white (less white, so fortunately...
  7. Delay in selecting new after right clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delay in selecting new after right clicking: Hi y'all. I'm having an issue with my windows explorer. So when you wanna create a new folder or a shortcut you have to right click and hover over the "new" option with your mouse cursor for another overlay to appear and there you have the options to create a new folder...
  8. content usage rights & Win Media Player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    content usage rights & Win Media Player: I can't play wma file on windows media player. I get this message: TRY PLAYING THIS WITH A DIFFERENT PLAYER. THIS APPLICATION DOESN'T HAVE CONTENT USAGE RIGHTS. This music is music that I own. I copied it off of my desktop onto a flash drive so I could do a clean wipe of...
  9. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Selections From Right Click Menu: I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use. pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the...
  10. Media player bug?

in Browsers and Email
    Media player bug?: Whenever I play a video (on Youtube for example) with full screen on, the video will play for a few seconds then revert back to small screen and run another popup ad then play the video from the beginning again. This has been very annoying since the upgrade from Windows 7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Media Player selection