Windows 10: Windows Media Player - Songs Burned to CD Playing Out of Sequence

Discus and support Windows Media Player - Songs Burned to CD Playing Out of Sequence in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Songs burned to CD have started playing out of sequence on my home stereo system. That didn't use to be the case. I burned several CDs and they played... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZackSarconi, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Windows Media Player - Songs Burned to CD Playing Out of Sequence

Songs burned to CD have started playing out of sequence on my home stereo system. That didn't use to be the case. I burned several CDs and they played in sequence, but recently on every CD I burn the songs play out of sequence. The stereo display refers to the songs as sorted into different folders and also the MP3 light is lit up. What might have changed? It used to be very simple: I'd create a playlist, burn to CD and it played in sequence. But not any more.

I don't know if it's related to this message below that I've been receiving or if this is a separate issue:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly".

This message comes up when I click-and-drag the first song to the Playlist to be burned and an X appears on the left of that song title on the playlist. The message nor the X appear on any other songs added to the Playlist. The song with the X next to it burns anyway so not sure why the message says it cannot be played.

What is meant by "sound device"? Speakers? Headphones? I don't have either or anything else plugged into my computer tower. What would be a "sound device installed on my computer? How would it be in use by another program?

Is it possible that the Windows Media Player installed on my computer is defective?

Any useful information anyone can provide would be appreciated.

:)

ZackSarconi, Jun 21, 2020

2. Burning CD with Windows Media Player

Hi Carey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Firstly, Windows Media Player requires that content intended to be burned to discs be first stored on the computer's hard disk. Therefore, I would suggest you to copy all the songs to a folder first and then proceed to the next step.

Once that is done, I would suggest you to refer to the help article below for steps to burn the CD and check if it helps.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player: frequently asked questions

In response to your query, please note that the track information will or will not show depending on the file or whether it is being played on a Text-enabled CD player.

Get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Windows Media Player-CD

On Windows Media Player, before I Updated Windows, songs from my CD that I burned into Media Player Played. Now some play some don't. Any suggestions?

KEVINMCCANN3, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows Media Player - Songs Burned to CD Playing Out of Sequence

Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Hello DominicGerald,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following queries:

1. Are you receiving any error code or error message when you attempt to play the music?
    2. Is your music CD being detected by the system and are you able to access it through the File Explorer (Windows + E key)?

In Windows Media Player, you can play audio CDs, data CDs, and data DVDs that contain music or video files (also known as media CDs). If you have a DVD drive and a compatible DVD decoder installed on your computer, you can use Windows Media Player
    to play a DVD-Video disc. If your unable to play anything on WMP, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works:

Method 1: Update DVD/CD ROM driver from Device Manager.

Sometimes, the issue persists if the drivers aren’t updated. So, I would suggest you to update the DVD/Cd driver manually. To do that, you may refer the article on

Update drivers in Windows 10.

Once after updating the drivers, you may check if you are able to play songs. If not, you may try out the following method.

Method 2: Adjust Burn Settings.

As you say that it’s getting stuck while burning a CD, you might want to check with the burn speed. To do that,

• Open Windows Media Player from the Start menu.
    • Click on Organize and select
      Options
      from the list.
    • Select the Burn tab in the Options window and select the drop-down menu beside
      Burn speed and select Slow.
    • Click on Apply and OK
      to exit the settings screen.
    • Try burning a new CD and check if it plays.

Method 3: Download and install add-ons for Windows Media Player.

I would suggest you to get the add-ons for your player and check if you are able to play songs. To do the same, you may want to refer to an article on
    Downloads for Windows.

Kindly get back to us with the results. We will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Player - Songs Burned to CD Playing Out of Sequence

1. Windows Media Player - Songs Burned to CD Playing Out of Sequence - Similar Threads - Media Player Songs

2. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows media player will not burn CD!!!: I have used Windows media player to burn CDs in the past but for whatever reason windows media player has just stopped being able to burn CDs even though I am using the exact same computer and CDs. I just question how burning CDs in this day and age is still a problem? I have...
  3. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player will not burn CD!!!: I have used Windows media player to burn CDs in the past but for whatever reason windows media player has just stopped being able to burn CDs even though I am using the exact same computer and CDs. I just question how burning CDs in this day and age is still a problem? I have...
  4. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD: WHEN ATTEPTING TO BURN TO AUDIO CD I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE: Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device...
  6. Burning a CD in Windows Media Player

Burning a CD in Windows Media Player: When burning a CD from my library in WMP, as each file was burned in was deleted from the library...moved instead of copied. This has never happened before. I would assume it is some setting that I have inadvertently messed up. Thanks for any and all help....
  7. Windows Media Player will not burn song titles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player will not burn song titles: Something happened along the way - I'm using Windows 10 with all the latest updates etc. When I burn an audio CD using the MP3 files I've ripped to the default Windows Media Player Library I get a good CD (it plays) but the song titles are missing - all that is on the CD is...
  8. media player will no longer burn cd's

media player will no longer burn cd's: Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and haven't been able to burn cd's in the media player. I get a message,"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files, if burner is busy, wait for current task to finish. If necessary, verify the burner is properly connected and that you have...
  9. Burning songs in to CD using windows media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Burning songs in to CD using windows media player: Hello, I did the " burning" in to CD at yesterday at first time my newly bought Laptop. But ,when I try to burn 2nd CD, it burns up to 99% and pop up a massage in a small window saying as attached. Please help us to solve this problem.[ATTACH]...
  10. Burning CD in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning CD in Windows Media Player: I was able to rip the CD into Windows Media Player, but when I went to burn it, I received an error message that says, "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc." What can I do? Thanks!...