Windows 10: windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop

Discus and support windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop. worked fine for 3 years. will not open today. any suggestions appreciated. thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lalono, Sep 6, 2018.

1. lalono Win User

windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop

windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop. worked fine for 3 years. will not open today. any suggestions appreciated. thanks

:)

lalono, Sep 6, 2018

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Sep 6, 2018
  4. windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop

1. windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop - Similar Threads - media player stopped

2. Windows media player. windows 10 on a Lenovo Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player. windows 10 on a Lenovo Desktop: When I rip a new CD in media player it rips and then does not appear in the library. The label downloads automatically then the whole thing disappears. If I try to make a playlist from the CD I get a red circle with a line through, effectively a dis-allow. Can anyone please...
  3. Windows media player. windows 10 on a Lenovo Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player. windows 10 on a Lenovo Desktop: When I rip a new CD in media player it rips and then does not appear in the library. The label downloads automatically then the whole thing disappears. If I try to make a playlist from the CD I get a red circle with a line through, effectively a dis-allow. Can anyone please...
  4. Windows media player. windows 10 on a Lenovo Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows media player not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows media player not working on windows 10: Windows media not fully working on windows 10 i have tried various fixes but no improvement so is VLC media player a safe option to down load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-not-working-on-windows-10/5484f4a9-00bb-4676-9274-29c3a61029cb
  6. windows media player not working on windows 10

windows media player not working on windows 10: Windows media not fully working on windows 10 i have tried various fixes but no improvement so is VLC media player a safe option to down load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-not-working-on-windows-10/5484f4a9-00bb-4676-9274-29c3a61029cb
  7. Window Media Player as stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Media Player as stopped working: Windows Media player as stopped working You Get this error if you double click on a file. "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." no error codes like an update disabled it. I was looking for a way to Reinstall or upgrade. Can not find a version...
  8. Windows Media Player not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player not working: I'm using windows media player for my computer music library and burning cd's. When I open WMP, it is not playing the music, nor is it reading a song that I send to it from my flash drive. I've tried to make it the default setting for playing music, that has not worked....
  9. Windows Media Player 12 stopped working suddenly

Windows Media Player 12 stopped working suddenly: I have WMP12 Win10 64bit. It was playing WAVs and MP3s fine, but suddenly stopped working. Cant find a WMP12 download anywhere to try reinstall. I also have asio4all on my computer but thats not active I believe. Groove Music plays all fine. Why has WMP12 stopped wortking?...
  10. Windows Media Player stopped running

Windows Media Player stopped running: Hi folks, I have been using WMP since Windows 7 and although it has some faults I am used to it and it does what I need it to do. A week (maybe more?) ago it just stopped working ... completely *Sad When I open the program I get the Welcome to Windows Media Player...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player error 0x87e10bc6