Windows 10: Windows Media Player troubleshooter keeps popping up every 5 minutes when listening to music

Discus and support Windows Media Player troubleshooter keeps popping up every 5 minutes when listening to music in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I listen to my music with WMP (on windows 10 home edition), that annoying "troubleshoot and help prevent problems" popup keeps happening, and if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mikaroni, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Mikaroni Win User

Windows Media Player troubleshooter keeps popping up every 5 minutes when listening to music

When I listen to my music with WMP (on windows 10 home edition), that annoying "troubleshoot and help prevent problems" popup keeps happening, and if I click next it claims there are no problems. It might be because my music collection is on a removable hard drive.

I've seen other people ask about this or how to fix it, and all responses from the Microsoft team pretty much say the same thing. To wipe and reinstall everything. not happening, because this solves nothing. Another thing the Microsoft team says to do is to disable and re-enable WMP, which doesn't work.

Is there a fix in the works here, or do I just need to abandon ship and find a new music player? This has been a known issue for at least 6 years now...

:)

Mikaroni, Jan 19, 2019

2. something Wrong with window media player, it does not ripping no music

Hi Joseph,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to the Windows Media Playback?
    • What exactly happens when you try to rip music?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of ripping the DVD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Media Player troubleshooter keeps popping up every 5 minutes when listening to music

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Media Player troubleshooter keeps popping up every 5 minutes when listening to music - Similar Threads - Media Player troubleshooter

2. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes: What should I do to get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-keeps-on-popping-up-every-5-minutes/e5b2d205-b310-4aef-a96b-8cdb12fc665a
  3. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes: What should I do to get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-keeps-on-popping-up-every-5-minutes/e5b2d205-b310-4aef-a96b-8cdb12fc665a
  4. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. circulating.exe keeps popping up every minute and wont stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    circulating.exe keeps popping up every minute and wont stop: need help please as soon as i turn on my laptop i keep getting pop ups every single minute that says circulating.exe been going on for a few months and i just dont know how to stop it and its become very annoying any help would be apprecaited im on windows 11 on a ROG gaming...
  6. circulating.exe keeps popping up every minute and wont stop

circulating.exe keeps popping up every minute and wont stop: need help please as soon as i turn on my laptop i keep getting pop ups every single minute that says circulating.exe been going on for a few months and i just dont know how to stop it and its become very annoying any help would be apprecaited im on windows 11 on a ROG gaming...
  7. Troubleshooter keeps popping up when playing music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Troubleshooter keeps popping up when playing music: This happens when I listen to music using the Windows Music Player and the player scans these songs from the file library. It came up every 10 minutes after I canceled the troubleshooter, and I keep canceling it. If I scan the troubleshooter, it removes album images from the...
  8. Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music

Windows Media Player keeps freezing/crashing when playing music: I keep having Windows Media Player freeze and have tried the built in troubleshooters, reinstalling it, and registering the .dll files. After the latter one it deleted half of my playlists and it worked until I rebuilt those playlists, which suggests that maybe it's playlist...
  9. Windows media player keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player keeps popping up: windows media player keeps popping up at random without me pressing anything ive scanned for a virus and nothing showed up it seems to have random intervals were it doesnt do it at all and then starts doing it constantly like as i close it it pops straight back up it started...
  10. A White window keeps popping up every few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    A White window keeps popping up every few minutes: As the title says, I keep getting a white window that pops up around every 5-10 minutes or so. The window is completely blank and is resizable. It stays on my screen for around 10 seconds and then disappears. I attached a picture of a screenshot for you guys to see. I need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window media player pops up randomly

2. find and fix problems with the windows media player library message keeps popping up

3. windows media player troubleshooter popping

4. Windows Media Player keeps on popping up