Windows 10: Windows Media Player volume leveling when burning a CD

Discus and support Windows Media Player volume leveling when burning a CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have never been able to get Windows Media Player to level the volume when I burn various .Wav files to CD. I have Windows 10, WMP 12. Yesterday I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AimeDuclos, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Windows Media Player volume leveling when burning a CD

I have never been able to get Windows Media Player to level the volume when I burn various .Wav files to CD. I have Windows 10, WMP 12. Yesterday I uninstalled WMP 12 and reinstalled, no help. I do have the check box for volume leveling normalizing in the burn options checked. Any thoughts?

:)

AimeDuclos, Jan 28, 2020

2. Burning CD with Windows Media Player

Hi Carey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Firstly, Windows Media Player requires that content intended to be burned to discs be first stored on the computer's hard disk. Therefore, I would suggest you to copy all the songs to a folder first and then proceed to the next step.

Once that is done, I would suggest you to refer to the help article below for steps to burn the CD and check if it helps.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player: frequently asked questions

In response to your query, please note that the track information will or will not show depending on the file or whether it is being played on a Text-enabled CD player.

Get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Unable to burn audio cd in Windows Media Player

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows media player. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run Windows Media player
    troubleshooter by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar next to
      Start icon, and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all option from the left side panel of the window,
    • Select Windows Media Player DVD from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option, and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to disable and enable the Windows media player by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Windows Media Player, right click on the top most search result and select
      Uninstall option.
    • From the window, click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
    • Expand the Media Features option from the window, and uncheck the
      Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’, except check the Windows Media Player option and check if the issue is resolved.

As a reference, click on the link below about Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Windows Media Player volume leveling when burning a CD

BURNING CDS WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER

Hi,

I appreciate your efforts.

• Are you able to play other audio/video and online audio/video with out any issues?
    • Are you able to play other audio/video on Media Player without any issues?
    As I can see from the title you are using Media Player to play the CDs. Try to play from other apps available and check if it works fine.

It could be either an issue with Media Player or the way you have burned it to the CD or with the sound card.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Sound. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Player volume leveling when burning a CD

1. Windows Media Player volume leveling when burning a CD - Similar Threads - Media Player volume

2. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows media player will not burn CD!!!: I have used Windows media player to burn CDs in the past but for whatever reason windows media player has just stopped being able to burn CDs even though I am using the exact same computer and CDs. I just question how burning CDs in this day and age is still a problem? I have...
  3. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player will not burn CD!!!: I have used Windows media player to burn CDs in the past but for whatever reason windows media player has just stopped being able to burn CDs even though I am using the exact same computer and CDs. I just question how burning CDs in this day and age is still a problem? I have...
  4. Windows media player will not burn CD!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Media Player. Cant burn CD's .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Player. Cant burn CD's .: Box says it can't burn the files. Says If burner busy wait until it to finish - but nothing is burning. Then says verify burner is connected properly. And have installed the latest device driver. Don't know how to do that Also keeps coming up that this is a Windows 7...
  6. windows media player error when burning a cd.

windows media player error when burning a cd.: "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver." how do i cure this ?...
  7. WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD

WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER NOT BURNING TO CD: WHEN ATTEPTING TO BURN TO AUDIO CD I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE: Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device...
  8. Burning a CD in Windows Media Player

Burning a CD in Windows Media Player: When burning a CD from my library in WMP, as each file was burned in was deleted from the library...moved instead of copied. This has never happened before. I would assume it is some setting that I have inadvertently messed up. Thanks for any and all help....
  9. media player will no longer burn cd's

media player will no longer burn cd's: Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and haven't been able to burn cd's in the media player. I get a message,"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files, if burner is busy, wait for current task to finish. If necessary, verify the burner is properly connected and that you have...
  10. Burning CD in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning CD in Windows Media Player: I was able to rip the CD into Windows Media Player, but when I went to burn it, I received an error message that says, "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc." What can I do? Thanks!...