Windows 10: Windows Media Player went missing !

Discus and support Windows Media Player went missing ! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had this problem for a few days and I couldn't do anything, I've tried many methods but nothing works. After the Windows 10 update, I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luna S., Jul 12, 2018.

1. Luna S. Win User

Windows Media Player went missing !

I had this problem for a few days and I couldn't do anything, I've tried many methods but nothing works.

After the Windows 10 update, I noticed that Windows Media Player went missing. I was about to start one of my games and somehow it worked only when the Media Player is present.

So, I went to Microsoft's website to install the Media Feature Pack for the most recent version. After installing it, everything went perfectly.

But after another update, which was installed few days ago, it went missing again.

I tried to re-install the Media Feature Pack but it says "The update is not applicable to your computer."

I tried another method, which is: I went to settings, then Apps & Features, then Manage optional features, then add a feature. At this point, I'm supposed to find the Windows Media Player feature, but I couldn't find it. I kept scrolling up and down but i didn't find it.

Please, help me.

Sincerely.

:)

Luna S., Jul 12, 2018

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jul 12, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Windows Media Player went missing !

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player went missing !

1. Windows Media Player went missing ! - Similar Threads - Media Player went

2. Windows Media player missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player missing!: Hi again, after doing a "in place" install of Windows 10 yesterday I could not find my Windows media player! I am sure I had it on a "Live start up tile" before doing the install. I have read different posts with some saying it's been removed, another saying it has replaced...
  3. Windows Media player missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media player missing!: Hi again, after doing a "in place" install of Windows 10 yesterday I could not find my Windows media player! I am sure I had it on a "Live start up tile" before doing the install. I have read different posts with some saying it's been removed, another saying it has replaced...
  4. Windows Media Player is missing from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player is missing from Windows 11: Windows Media Player is missing from Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-is-missing-from-windows-11/4b234712-10c7-4fd8-88f7-addd2ce99ffd
  5. Windows Media Player is missing from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player is missing from Windows 11: Windows Media Player is missing from Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-is-missing-from-windows-11/4b234712-10c7-4fd8-88f7-addd2ce99ffd
  6. Missing Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Windows Media Player: Hi Guys, I'm new to this community I need help with my WMP is missing after an update. No to 3rd party apps.. Thanks in advance.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-windows-media-player/ebcbbf73-1558-4e42-beba-48a565e4cfcd
  7. Notepad and Windows media player are Missing

Notepad and Windows media player are Missing: I'm using both the app's the other day and all of a sudden I don't find them. I restarted my system, updated to the latest version and i still dont find them. please help. Thankyou....
  8. Windows media player missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media player missing: Hi, My name is Tim,,i recently had a problem with my PC which resulted in me having to wipe it clean and reinstall windows10,,however now there is no media player!! i use it a lot for my own music and cd burning,,it can't be discontinued..can it? how can i get it...
  9. Windows Media Player Missing

Windows Media Player Missing: For some context, this has been an issue for quite a while now. SFC and DISM do not detect any corruption for my installation either. I am unable to access nor install Windows Media Player which is required for certain applications (such as for PS4 Remote Play) to function...
  10. windows 10 media player missing

windows 10 media player missing: need a link to put it back in my windows 10 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-media-player-missing/b9c5aa23-9020-4115-9529-df74eb9e882d