Windows 10: Windows Media Player will not burn song titles

Discus and support Windows Media Player will not burn song titles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Something happened along the way - I'm using Windows 10 with all the latest updates etc. When I burn an audio CD using the MP3 files I've ripped to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ken429, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Ken429 Win User

Windows Media Player will not burn song titles

Something happened along the way - I'm using Windows 10 with all the latest updates etc. When I burn an audio CD using the MP3 files I've ripped to the default Windows Media Player Library I get a good CD (it plays) but the song titles are missing - all that is on the CD is Track1....etc.

What am I missing? I sure I used to get good track titles on CD's burned with Window Media Player sometime in the past. Is the missing track titles a "new" feature or do I need to change some setting that I can't seem to identify? I've Googled the problem and it seems like it is a common problem but can't find a solution that works!

Help appreciated.

:)

Ken429, Apr 14, 2019

2. no song titles on burned cd

HI Jaja,

Are you burning your discs as data or music discs? If you burn it as a music disc, you will get no song title but you will be able to play the music in any CD player. If you burn it as a data disc (and the songs are in *.mp3 format) you will get the song titles burned on the disc as well. The only problem with that is that the cd will only play in players that will play the *.mp3 format.

Hope that helps!
    Snarks*Cool

SnarkyTwit, Apr 14, 2019
  3. HGN2001 Win User
    Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround

I use Windows Media Player to maintain my library of music on the computer. Usually, when I open an Artist, all of the songs are listed within the album from which it comes. So first is Album A with all of its songs, then Album B etc.

Often, I'll want to list all of those same songs within an Artist by Song title. This will sort all of the titles that start with "A" first, "B" second, etc. and show a very small jpeg of the album cover on the left. This view allows for quick audio comparisons of the same song from different sources. This is where you can hear one iteration of a song being louder or better quality or worse mastering than another - a helpful use of this software.

OK, so what's the bug? Occasionally and unpredictably, the alpha-by-song list will separate out widely, listing the first song with a large jpeg of the cover art. Then a second song will appear with its large jpeg cover art, all of this using up a lot of screen real estate. It can still be used, but it's ugly to look at. It has been maddening that some artists are separated out like this, while most list nice and tight, line by line.

Today, I might have uncovered the reason that it happens. I think it has to do with apostrophes in the last title in the alphabetical list. If you can somehow change the title of that song so that it's not last, your list will show tight lines, the way its supposed to be.

I realize that this is a very specialized use of Windows Media Player, but maybe it will help out someone out there.

HGN2001, Apr 14, 2019
  4. jaja Win User

no song titles on burned cd

win 10 when i use win media play can not burn cd and get song titles, only track numbers

Thema:

1. Windows Media Player will not burn song titles - Similar Threads - Media Player burn

2. sub title in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sub title in Windows Media Player: I tried SRT file ; I have successfully got VTT file working in power point ; it just does NOT display a caption https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sub-title-in-windows-media-player/e39586e4-8ad8-4d5c-914f-525b14534f51
  3. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  4. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Support
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  5. windows media player wont burn every other song

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media player wont burn every other song: it just refuses to burn every second song on my burn list and it says that those files are being used by another software even when windows media player is the only program running...
  6. Windows Media Player - Songs Burned to CD Playing Out of Sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player - Songs Burned to CD Playing Out of Sequence: Songs burned to CD have started playing out of sequence on my home stereo system. That didn't use to be the case. I burned several CDs and they played in sequence, but recently on every CD I burn the songs play out of sequence. The stereo display refers to the songs as sorted...
  7. Burning songs in to CD using windows media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Burning songs in to CD using windows media player: Hello, I did the " burning" in to CD at yesterday at first time my newly bought Laptop. But ,when I try to burn 2nd CD, it burns up to 99% and pop up a massage in a small window saying as attached. Please help us to solve this problem.[ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Media Player Burning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player Burning: Can any one tell me why my Windows Media Player will not burn properly? I put in a new disc to burn, it runs thru about 25 %, then it rejects it saying the following message. ... Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  9. Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround: I use Windows Media Player to maintain my library of music on the computer. Usually, when I open an Artist, all of the songs are listed within the album from which it comes. So first is Album A with all of its songs, then Album B etc. Often, I'll want to list all of those...
  10. no song titles on burned cd

in Windows 10 Support
    no song titles on burned cd: win 10 when i use win media play can not burn cd and get song titles, only track numbers 76387