Windows 10: windows media player will not read info off of music CD

Discus and support windows media player will not read info off of music CD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; windows media player works fine but will not retrieve info off music CD so every album and songs are unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zyjonas, Feb 7, 2020.

1. zyjonas Win User

windows media player will not read info off of music CD

windows media player works fine but will not retrieve info off music CD so every album and songs are unknown

:)

zyjonas, Feb 7, 2020

2. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Windows Media Player unable to rip CD

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

A. Are you able to burn CD’s using other programs?

B. Are you getting any error while you try to burn CD?

C. From when are you facing this issue?

If you bring up windows media player, then make a burn list, then insert disk to burn the music it will gray out the burn button. But if you insert the disk then bring up media player it will not be grayed out.

To burn an audio CD do the following:

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. Click the Burn tab, click the arrow below the
    Burn tab, and then click Audio CD (this is the default choice).

2. Insert a blank CD-R disc into your CD burner.

3. If necessary, click the Clear List pane button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

4. Find the items in your library
    that you want to copy to the audio CD.

5. To create a burn list, drag items from the Details pane (the pane in the middle of the library) to the List pane (the pane on the right side of the library).

Refer the below link for further reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player.

Hope it helps.

Reply us with the update of the issue.

We are glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 7, 2020
  4. windows media player will not read info off of music CD

Unable to burn audio cd in Windows Media Player

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows media player. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run Windows Media player
    troubleshooter by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar next to
      Start icon, and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all option from the left side panel of the window,
    • Select Windows Media Player DVD from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option, and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to disable and enable the Windows media player by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Windows Media Player, right click on the top most search result and select
      Uninstall option.
    • From the window, click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
    • Expand the Media Features option from the window, and uncheck the
      Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’, except check the Windows Media Player option and check if the issue is resolved.

As a reference, click on the link below about Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

windows media player will not read info off of music CD

1. windows media player will not read info off of music CD - Similar Threads - media player read

2. "Adding" album art and info to a CD with Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Adding" album art and info to a CD with Windows Media Player?: i have a promo CD of an unreleased song, "Naked" by Melodi Brown, and when i try to play it on a PC that has never seen the CD before using media player, it will say the CD is that of "Sexy Love" by Ne-Yo. this isn't that much of an issue because i already know i can change...
  3. "Adding" album art and info to a CD with Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Adding" album art and info to a CD with Windows Media Player?: i have a promo CD of an unreleased song, "Naked" by Melodi Brown, and when i try to play it on a PC that has never seen the CD before using media player, it will say the CD is that of "Sexy Love" by Ne-Yo. this isn't that much of an issue because i already know i can change...
  4. Windows Media Player not burning readable music to CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player not burning readable music to CD: I have Windows 10 on my Dell laptop and am using a plug-in CD burner Dell. My Windows Media Player always burned my music purchased and downloaded from Amazon before with no issues. Suddenly the music will burn to the disc but can't be played anywhere other than on my laptop....
  5. Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD

Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD: I have a new PC and I have connected a Pioneer BDR-XD07U drive via USB with a CD audio disc in the drive but when I try to play any audio track from the drive Windows Media Player will launch but not play any of the tracks. The drive shows in Media Player so the app at least...
  6. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  7. Using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD: When using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD, the result is files burned on the CD with a name of Track01.cda, Track02.cda, Track03.cda, etc. Each file is 1 KB in size. Further, the disk becomes write-protected so it must be thrown away. The original files...
  8. Automatic retrieving of media/cd info for Windows 10 Media Player

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automatic retrieving of media/cd info for Windows 10 Media Player: Good day, I am ripping my cd's through Windows Media Player. It's commercial cd's I bought. I have to type in all the information as media player fail to obtain any media info automatically. I have tried the option "Find album info" but to no avail. My internet is...
  9. Burning Music CD'S on Windows 10 media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning Music CD'S on Windows 10 media player: Will not burn cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-music-cds-on-windows-10-media-player/1ffa7c83-a0d9-4bc3-9203-015aaebbffdd
  10. Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.

Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.: I have my burn list ready, but when I click "Start Burn," I get an error message that the files could not be burned and to remove the files that have an icon beside them. There are no icons. One of your help comments said click Blank Disk on the left side of the screen. I did...