Windows 10: Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time

Discus and support Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I am trying to play songs from a thumb drive, but Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time. I tried all the older suggestions,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CatherineGadzouris, May 17, 2020.

1. Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time

Hello!

I am trying to play songs from a thumb drive, but Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time.

I tried all the older suggestions, but nothing works.

I am using Windows 10 and WMP 12.

Please help!

:)

CatherineGadzouris, May 17, 2020

2. cannot play songs in Media Player

Cannot play music from Media Player song list.

JoyceThomas5, May 17, 2020
  3. trt740 Win User
    Windows media player will only play 15 seconds of a song

This just started and Itunes plays the same songs fine but media player stops after a few seconds anyone have an idea here.

trt740, May 17, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time

Issue with playing songs in Windows Media Player

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with playing songs in Windows Media Player. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Windows Media Player settings.

2. Corrupt Windows Media player library database.

Try the steps listed here and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run Windows Media Player Library Troubleshooter.

a. Press Windows Key on the keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Click on Programs and click on Windows Media Player Library Troubleshooter.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to disable and re-enable Windows Media Player and check if it helps.

Step 1: Disable Windows Media Player.

a. Press Windows key, type Control Panel, click
    Programs and features, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b. Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of
    Windows Media Player.

c. Restart the computer.

Step 2: Re-enable the Windows Media Player.

a. Press Windows key, type Control Panel, click
    Programs and features, and then click
    Turn Windows features on or off
    . If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b. Browse to the Media Features and place a check mark in front of
    Windows Media Player.

c. Restart the Computer and check with the issue.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time

1. Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time - Similar Threads - Media Player play

2. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  3. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  4. ALL SONGS DON'T PLAY IN MEDIA PLAYER. WAT IS WRONG?

ALL SONGS DON'T PLAY IN MEDIA PLAYER. WAT IS WRONG?: IN MEDIA PLAYER SOME SONGS THAT PLAYED IN WINDOWS 8 DON'T PLAY IN WINDOWS 10 I DON'T KNOW WHY I CAN'T GET THEM TO PLAY IN WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-songs-dont-play-in-media-player-wat-is-wrong/73b204f8-bd98-4c1e-87c4-8b1c78b64875
  5. How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?: Greetings,I'm unable to repeat ONE song on my Windows Media Player 12 on my HP 2000 Laptop.I'd tried these steps on superuser.com:Create a playlist from your library with the song you wanna repeat. To do that, clear the playlist then drag the desired song to the empty...
  6. How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?

How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?: Greetings,I'm unable to repeat ONE song on my Windows Media Player 12 on my HP 2000 Laptop.I'd tried these steps on superuser.com:Create a playlist from your library with the song you wanna repeat. To do that, clear the playlist then drag the desired song to the empty...
  7. How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list: When I 'cast to device' a multi song play list it will only play the first song on the list. The controls in the 'cast to device' window are shaded out except the repeat and stop buttons....
  9. Media player streams only first song

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media player streams only first song: Media player streams only first song of a playlist to a Denon receiver. After that it stops. What can I do that the complete playlist is streamed? Before I updated from Windows 7 to 10 it worked! Windows 10 Media Player 12.0.18362.657...
  10. buy song/album to play on windows media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    buy song/album to play on windows media player: buy song/album to play on windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-songalbum-to-play-on-windows-media-player/853dc1f5-568d-4855-9168-22a6d34d57d4"