Windows 10: Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer

Discus and support Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just bought an LG DVD/CD writer. It will rip commercial CDs for my music collection, but it will not burn my playlists. I know, I should be doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DougBrennan, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer

Just bought an LG DVD/CD writer. It will rip commercial CDs for my music collection, but it will not burn my playlists. I know, I should be doing Spotify or something, but I like doing CD mixes.

When I insert a blank CD I have tried several, they're not cheapo CDs, WMP doesn't show that I have inserted the CD in the panel for burning. It does show the CD in the E drive. I have changed my preferences to use that E drive in the Options panel on WMP.

When I select "burn" I get a message that tells me to put a blank CD in my D drive internal to my laptop, stopped working recently.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

DougBrennan, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

win media player

You can burn music to a DVD, tons of music!

But, you'll only be able to play it in the CD-ROM or a DVD player, (maybe a specialized CD Player)

But, I don't know how you ripped a DVD in WMP!

Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer [​IMG]

Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Windows Media Player unable to rip CD

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

A. Are you able to burn CD’s using other programs?

B. Are you getting any error while you try to burn CD?

C. From when are you facing this issue?

If you bring up windows media player, then make a burn list, then insert disk to burn the music it will gray out the burn button. But if you insert the disk then bring up media player it will not be grayed out.

To burn an audio CD do the following:

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. Click the Burn tab, click the arrow below the
    Burn tab, and then click Audio CD (this is the default choice).

2. Insert a blank CD-R disc into your CD burner.

3. If necessary, click the Clear List pane button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

4. Find the items in your library
    that you want to copy to the audio CD.

5. To create a burn list, drag items from the Details pane (the pane in the middle of the library) to the List pane (the pane on the right side of the library).

Refer the below link for further reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player.

Hope it helps.

Reply us with the update of the issue.

We are glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer

rip and burn cd's on windows 10

My HP computer came with a software to rip and burn CDs called CyberLink = I finally just broke down and upgraded that software (I had windows 8 and upgraded to Windows 10 in Aug 15) to rip and burn CDs and that works for me. I haven't seen any suggestions
    that really work on how to make Windows media player burn CDs . My analysis is that windows media player may rip the CD to your computer, but you will never be able to successfully burn that CD to another disk! It is a shame that the Microsoft engineers
    will not design a upgrade to Windows media player to make it work on windows 10 to rip and burn CDs. I never intend to use Groove Music for any purpose!

JacquelineKay1, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer

1. Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer - Similar Threads - Media Player rip

2. Windows Media Player not burning readable music to CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player not burning readable music to CD: I have Windows 10 on my Dell laptop and am using a plug-in CD burner Dell. My Windows Media Player always burned my music purchased and downloaded from Amazon before with no issues. Suddenly the music will burn to the disc but can't be played anywhere other than on my laptop....
  3. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  4. Ripping cd's in Media Player

Ripping cd's in Media Player: I am trying to rip cd's to my laptop using Media Player and keep getting the message 'Media Player cannot rip one or more cd's'. What is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds-in-media-player/6b8143b8-eb5f-4154-b930-d4465e9a20d0
  5. CD player will not burn music on to CD

CD player will not burn music on to CD: I have recently had my CD/DVD drive replaced. It shows that it is working properly. I can play a DVD or CD with music or video on the CD/DVD Drive. When using the Windows Media program, I can not burn music on to a CD. This statement pops up: Windows Media Player cannot...
  6. CD RIP in Media Player

CD RIP in Media Player: RIP option does not come on in Windows Media Player when I load a CD. The songs are shown correctly in the listing but I am unable to rip to file. This has always worked OK before today....
  7. Burning Music CD'S on Windows 10 media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning Music CD'S on Windows 10 media player: Will not burn cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-music-cds-on-windows-10-media-player/1ffa7c83-a0d9-4bc3-9203-015aaebbffdd
  8. Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.: I have my burn list ready, but when I click "Start Burn," I get an error message that the files could not be burned and to remove the files that have an icon beside them. There are no icons. One of your help comments said click Blank Disk on the left side of the screen. I did...
  9. Windows Media Player not burning to CD/DVD

Windows Media Player not burning to CD/DVD: Hello all I received a new Acer PC running Windows 10, 64 bit last Christmas. I am able to run Windows Media Player with no audio problems through my headset while playing music. My issue is when it comes to burning music onto a CD/DVD disk. I am part of a volunteer gig...
  10. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player: Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8. 20991