Windows 10: Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer

Discus and support Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone else had this issue. When I try to copy some music from my library, it wont do it. it says that the drive is in use but it isn't.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oldmaid10, Oct 20, 2019.

1. oldmaid10 Win User

Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer

Has anyone else had this issue. When I try to copy some music from my library, it wont do it. it says that the drive is in use but it isn't.

:)

oldmaid10, Oct 20, 2019

2. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8.

Golfaholic, Oct 20, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows Media Player doesnt recognize there is a DVD in the player, and wont play it. Windows 10.

Hello,

May we know if there are any error messages that appear when you attempt to play the DVD in Windows Media Player?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter
    and see if it fixes the issue. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer

Unable to play DVDs on Windows Media Player, Windows 10

Hi Alison,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to play DVDs on Windows Media Player?
    • Are the DVDs being detected on your computer?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer

1. Windows media player wont copy to external dvd writer - Similar Threads - media player wont

2. Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem installing external dvd player/writer on my laptop: I got an external dvd player/writer for my laptop but Windows 10 won't let me install the software because it is not verified by Microsoft. what dvd player has software verified by Microsoft?...
  3. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  4. MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD

in Windows 10 Customization
    MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD: Media player is not playing DVD movie says disc is empty when it is a movie DVD. I have tried going into the Files ,Play View and Tools sections to work it out but all dead ends .I'm running Windows 10. What can I do ?...
  5. Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer

Windows Media Player will rip but not burn music from external DVD/CD writer: Just bought an LG DVD/CD writer. It will rip commercial CDs for my music collection, but it will not burn my playlists. I know, I should be doing Spotify or something, but I like doing CD mixes. When I insert a blank CD I have tried several, they're not cheapo CDs, WMP...
  6. external dvd player

external dvd player: I want to watch dvd's by plugging in my dvd player into my windows 10 laptop. there is a hdmi cable coming from the dvd player-does it need to have a USB end to plug into my laptop? I have tried plugging in the existing cable that has an hdmi end but nothing happens...
  7. External DVD writer

External DVD writer: I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 connected on my system and I can't write to a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-writer/0c0230c0-a010-4549-80e3-cf214bd71676
  8. portable / external DVD drive / writer?

portable / external DVD drive / writer?: Most of them are ranged from 20 to 30 US dollars on Amazon. Are they practically the same quality build and the only difference is the writing speed /reading speed etc?And there is no critical difference? btw, which brand do you recommend? 119820
  9. External DVD reader/writer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD reader/writer: After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc....
  10. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player: Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8. 20991