Windows 10: windows media player won't identify the titles of music albums and songs I am ripping

Discus and support windows media player won't identify the titles of music albums and songs I am ripping in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; windows media player won't identify the titles of music albums and songs I am ripping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RetiaryBell1325, Feb 15, 2019.

1. windows media player won't identify the titles of music albums and songs I am ripping

windows media player won't identify the titles of music albums and songs I am ripping

:)

RetiaryBell1325, Feb 15, 2019
  2. HGN2001 Win User

Windows Media Player Song Title Alpha Order Bug possible workaround

I use Windows Media Player to maintain my library of music on the computer. Usually, when I open an Artist, all of the songs are listed within the album from which it comes. So first is Album A with all of its songs, then Album B etc.

Often, I'll want to list all of those same songs within an Artist by Song title. This will sort all of the titles that start with "A" first, "B" second, etc. and show a very small jpeg of the album cover on the left. This view allows for quick audio comparisons of the same song from different sources. This is where you can hear one iteration of a song being louder or better quality or worse mastering than another - a helpful use of this software.

OK, so what's the bug? Occasionally and unpredictably, the alpha-by-song list will separate out widely, listing the first song with a large jpeg of the cover art. Then a second song will appear with its large jpeg cover art, all of this using up a lot of screen real estate. It can still be used, but it's ugly to look at. It has been maddening that some artists are separated out like this, while most list nice and tight, line by line.

Today, I might have uncovered the reason that it happens. I think it has to do with apostrophes in the last title in the alphabetical list. If you can somehow change the title of that song so that it's not last, your list will show tight lines, the way its supposed to be.

I realize that this is a very specialized use of Windows Media Player, but maybe it will help out someone out there.

HGN2001, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Foxes7890 Win User
    Old Media Player problem on Windows 10 64-bit home edition

I was able to do it this way.
    Note: This will only work if after you rip 3rd CD of a set the songs are correct when played, but all the information is not correct.

(1) Put the CD into the computer and let Media Player rip it. Play the CD through Media Player to make sure that the songs are the ones that are actually on the CD. Not the ones that are listed.

(2) Go to the actual file – not the library – the file path is (C:/Users/your user file (mine is Di)/Music. In that file will be all you all your music listed by album. In each album file will be the song list. Check to see if the album you just ripped is there. It will be listed under to wrong name and the songs in that file will be also wrong. Make sure that they are listed as “Media Player Audio file (.wma) and that it opens with Windows Media Player. If not change it to.

(3) Go to Media Player again and check that album to edit it. What comes up is a spot that you can edit everything. I changed the name slightly (mine from the “Very Best Songs” to “Best Songs”). There is also a spot where you can check if this album is part of a disk set. The one I wanted to change is disk #3, so I changed the number to 3.

(4) From there you have to correct each song name / artist / and any other info you want to be listed. Once I had everything listed how I wanted to be, I put that album information onto a flash drive. Better that having to everything again.

(5) Now I let Media Player again rip the first CD so that the album info was correct in my music file. I again saved the 1st album onto my flash drive.

(6) Now listed my music file was album #1 with all the correct songs / info listed. Album #3 was also listed with the new name and the corrected songs / info. Album #2 was also listed with the correct songs / info. MAKE SURE OF THIS. Save album #2 to your flash drive.

(7) Now check Media Player and all 3 albums will be listed, with the correct songs / info. A plus is that the album picture will be there and it will be marked as Disk 3.

(8) Now you can play disk #3 and it will PLAY. Plus you will backup copies of all 3 disks on a flash Drive.

I hope that this works for you. It did for me. Good Luck.

Foxes7890, Feb 15, 2019
  4. windows media player won't identify the titles of music albums and songs I am ripping

My media player can't rip all of my songs.

Original Title: media player.

my media player can't rip all of my songs from my purchased music from amazon after download.Any sugestions or help appreciated.

shunkymonkey, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

windows media player won't identify the titles of music albums and songs I am ripping

1. windows media player won't identify the titles of music albums and songs I am ripping - Similar Threads - media player won't

2. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...
  3. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...
  4. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  6. Media player won't play songs

Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  7. buy song/album to play on windows media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    buy song/album to play on windows media player: buy song/album to play on windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-songalbum-to-play-on-windows-media-player/853dc1f5-568d-4855-9168-22a6d34d57d4"
  8. Windows Media Player will not burn song titles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player will not burn song titles: Something happened along the way - I'm using Windows 10 with all the latest updates etc. When I burn an audio CD using the MP3 files I've ripped to the default Windows Media Player Library I get a good CD (it plays) but the song titles are missing - all that is on the CD is...
  9. Groove music song/album titles cut short

Groove music song/album titles cut short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  10. Groove music song/album titles cit short

Groove music song/album titles cit short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media correct song titles

2. windows media player does not identify music

3. windows media player does not identify cd

4. windows media player rip music not name tracks,
  5. windows media player cant id cds,
  6. ADD SONG TITLES TO WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER,
  7. winamp wont show cd titles,
  8. windows media player in windows 10 clear all titles,
  9. windows media player song titles not there rip,
  10. media player does not show song titles,
  11. How di I identify albums ripped to windows 10,