Windows 10: Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Discus and support Windows Media Player won't play CDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I burn a cd it pends in a second, but every time it does that I would play the burned cd and it would play nothing. Why does this happen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DominicGerald, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Every time I burn a cd it pends in a second, but every time it does that I would play the burned cd and it would play nothing. Why does this happen?

***Original title: Windows Media Player***

:)

DominicGerald, Jun 18, 2019

2. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Media Player Windows 10

im useing windows 10 but can not fine windows media player

done that

kevinhanson, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Media Player Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. Kindly follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error message you get while playing CDs?
    • Is this issue specific to particular CD or all CD?
    Windows Media Player is built-n with Windows 10, you not need to recover it. I suggest you to type Windows Media player in search and click on Windows Media player to open it. If you are unable to play the CD, I suggest you to copy
    the content of CD to hard disk and try to play from hard disk.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Media Player won't play CDs

1. Windows Media Player won't play CDs - Similar Threads - Media Player won't

2. windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11?: Windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-wont-rip-cds-on-windows-11/3762f492-0b11-4196-b690-d09e8383bcbf
  3. windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11?: Windows media player won't rip cds on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-wont-rip-cds-on-windows-11/3762f492-0b11-4196-b690-d09e8383bcbf
  4. Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs

Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs: Running Windows 10, using WMP 12. I can burn one CD, but after that, every time I attempt to burn a CD, the progress bar approaches 33% and then quickly goes to 99% and I get this error: "Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click...
  5. Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs: Running Windows 10, using WMP 12. I can burn one CD, but after that, every time I attempt to burn a CD, the progress bar approaches 33% and then quickly goes to 99% and I get this error: "Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click...
  6. Windows Media Player 12 Won't Burn Audio CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows media player will not burn cds

Windows media player will not burn cds: Every time I try to burn a cd in media player, I get an error message about some files not being able to be burnt, and to click the icon beside the files. There are no icons beside the files and it happens EVERY time I try!...
  8. cds won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cds won't play: When I load a cd on windows 10 it pops out and will never play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds-wont-play/9a7d8923-a215-4872-b209-8dcfcb9c8fc3
  9. Windows Media Player has stopped playing or ripping CDs

Windows Media Player has stopped playing or ripping CDs: WMP was working fine until yesterday. After inserting CD, data (song titles, album cover) show up but songs will not play. A small x shows up in the right column by each song title I try to play. This also happens with CDs I had already successfully ripped to computer....
  10. Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs

Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play CDs and DVDs: I have a problem with playing my CDs and DVDs on the Asus computer running Windows 10. The Windows Media Player doesn’t want to play on this laptop but it worked fine on my old HP laptop with Windows XP. Each time I try to start CD or DVD the pop-up shows up with a message...