Windows 10: Windows Media Player won't recognize Samsung S3

Discus and support Windows Media Player won't recognize Samsung S3 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Until recently, Media Player worked flawlessly. One day it refused to recognize my Samsung S3 or my 2 Sansa MP3 players to sync music. When I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by T.McMorine, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Windows Media Player won't recognize Samsung S3

Until recently, Media Player worked flawlessly. One day it refused to recognize my Samsung S3 or my 2 Sansa MP3 players to sync music. When I use the USB cord to connect, I get a notice that I need to download driver updates from Verizon. Every time I try to do that, I get a notice that the certificate isn't recognize and I have been disconnected from the download site . When the S3 is connected via USB, the computer gives a recognition tone. If media Player is on, I will get a recognition tone. Try to sync, all I get is Connect Device. Is there a cure ??????

HELP !

:)

T.McMorine, Dec 19, 2018

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Dec 19, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Windows Media Player won't recognize Samsung S3

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player won't recognize Samsung S3

1. Windows Media Player won't recognize Samsung S3 - Similar Threads - Media Player won't

2. windows media player legacy wont recognize my mp3 player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows media player legacy wont recognize my mp3 player.: I'm running win 11 on an HP laptop. the install of WMP Legacy will not recognize my MP3 player creative labs Zen Vision:M 30gb , but the computer itself does see it in file explorer.meanwhile my beelink desktop running Win 11 does see it . Any idea what could be causeing this...
  3. windows media player legacy wont recognize my mp3 player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows media player legacy wont recognize my mp3 player.: I'm running win 11 on an HP laptop. the install of WMP Legacy will not recognize my MP3 player creative labs Zen Vision:M 30gb , but the computer itself does see it in file explorer.meanwhile my beelink desktop running Win 11 does see it . Any idea what could be causeing this...
  4. Windows Media Player won't burn CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player won't burn CD: Any help would be appreciated. About 1 in 20 attempts or less to burn a CD is successful. I keep trying from time to time and sometimes it surprises me and works. I do music production and would like to burn CD's to listen to in the car. I've done this for years never a...
  5. Windows Media Player won't burn CD

Windows Media Player won't burn CD: Any help would be appreciated. About 1 in 20 attempts or less to burn a CD is successful. I keep trying from time to time and sometimes it surprises me and works. I do music production and would like to burn CD's to listen to in the car. I've done this for years never a...
  6. My Samsung TV and Windows Media Player won't show the subtitles that have been merged with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Samsung TV and Windows Media Player won't show the subtitles that have been merged with...: So, long story short, I had to download and build a movie like this for certain reason. I have the subtitles in English (.srt file), and my movie in .mp4 format. Many people suggested using MKVtool something and so I did. It worked splendidly but windows media player wouldn't...
  7. Windows Media Player and Windows TV & Movies won't recognize external cd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player and Windows TV & Movies won't recognize external cd player: I just connected an external DVD-RW drive to my Windows 10 Lenovo T570. The T570 recognizes the drive and the DVD movie therein but Windows Media Player says the DVD is empty, no files. So, how do I get WMP to recognize the DVD drive and play the movie?...
  8. Windows 10 won't connect to Samsung Tablet S3 T210R

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't connect to Samsung Tablet S3 T210R: Windows 10 cannot connect to Samsung Galaxy 3 SM T201R Tablet by USB Details follow: WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT HP Pavilion Notebook 17 g119dx BIOS: F.89 HP Product number P1A84UA#ABA Operating system image: 15WW3CGT601#SABA#DABA Installed OS version: 1809 (10.0.17763) Windows...
  9. Windows Media Player won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player won't open: For some reason, Windows Media Player won't open. I've tried turning the feature off from the Control Panel, restarting, turning it back on, restarting. Still not working. Any suggestions? I've never had this problem before....
  10. VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD

VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD: So I am going to tell you about this, when I was trying to open a DVD on a third-party media player, it doesn't play. I tried VLC, but it doesn't play without an error, while I tried it on 5KPlayer, but it has the same issue as VLC, then, I tried it on MPC-HC, but it said...