Windows 10: Windows Media Player

Discus and support Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and have always used the Media Player. Today, when I open it, keeps closing. Iit runs for a few seconds and then just closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MicLaMarca, Sep 6, 2018.

1. MicLaMarca Win User

Windows Media Player

I'm running Windows 10 and have always used the Media Player. Today, when I open it, keeps closing. Iit runs for a few seconds and then just closes with no error message or warning.

:)

MicLaMarca, Sep 6, 2018
  2. christieau Win User

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Sep 6, 2018
  3. THRiLL KiLL Win User
    THRiLL KiLL, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Jimmy 2004 Win User

Windows Media Player

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Media Player

1. Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - Media Player

2. Colour Rendering Problem, Any Media Player - Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colour Rendering Problem, Any Media Player - Win10: Hello I have found that ANY multimedia player, (MS or 3rd Party), is not able to display colour of my MP4 or WMV videos... However, there is one exception, and that is the VLC Media Player, which obviously must have it's own Codecs. However, I do prefer the "Films & TV"...
  3. media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player: How to record streams using media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player/dda20a1f-26f2-4727-8c2c-e0be4dccc872"
  4. windows media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows media player: All of a sudden I'm unable to use the windows media player. I can not watch videos on my lab top. Any suggestions. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player/93f45545-a310-4435-9995-237505910309
  5. Bose speaker connection to ms media player

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bose speaker connection to ms media player: trying to sync up my ms media player songs to play on a wireless (non Bluetooth) speaker. Keep getting an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bose-speaker-connection-to-ms-media-player/bba28b65-08ab-4841-be90-bec77bd048c2"
  6. windows media player windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows media player windows 10: how do I download songs into windows media player so I can burn them to a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-windows-10/01f072ce-6694-44b2-b361-b9a6ed64331b"
  7. MP3 files are automatically played by Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP3 files are automatically played by Windows Media Player: I set a DSS player as a default for playing my video and audio files. But it changed to Windows Media Player and I cannot change it back. I want my files to be played by my default app rather than Windows Media Player....
  8. Windows Media Player supported formats?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player supported formats?: In Windows 10 October 2018 update, are there any formats that are supported by Windows Media Player that are not listed in the Default Apps sections of Settings? I know that WordPad supports doc files on a basic scale, but this function is hidden, manual association needs to...
  9. Windows 10 Windows Media Player will not burn CDs. Problem with files. Be Crazy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Windows Media Player will not burn CDs. Problem with files. Be Crazy.: After adding songs to the burn list, inserting a blank CD, checking audio CD, and clicking Start Burn I always get an error message that says there are problems with some files. After wasting a lot of time looking for the actual problem in order to fix it, I found a...
  10. Windows Media Player not compatible with Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player not compatible with Windows 10 64bit: How is this possible? So we buy Windows 10 and no longer have access to Windows Media Player? How is that fair? What is Microsoft doing to correct this? What is an alternative media player that works exactly the same. I don't care for how the VLC media player's volume...