Windows 10: Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery

Discus and support Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> Media streaming options When you hover over a device you have the option to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CodyBob, Apr 8, 2020.

1. CodyBob Win User

Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery

Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> Media streaming options

When you hover over a device you have the option to remove it from the list. I accidentally removed my other PC off this list and would like help undoing my problem. I cannot find anywhere on my pc or online on how to fix this.

:)

CodyBob, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Vickyl71 Win User

Network Discovery And Streaming

In Network Discovery>Streaming is not turn on. However, in my Windows Defender I see a lot of streaming going on. Why does it say Inbound rule for the Cast to Device server to allow streaming using HTTP(TCP#####). I did not make this rule or any of these
    rules. Again, I just wanted to know why I have 10 of the casting to a device happening. Since I'm in the Window Defender, I have two of just about everything. Two Private of each, Two Domain of each. Rarely is there only one. Why is that happening? ie
    Network Discovery(WSD-In) all UDP's and there are two private and two Domain.

Thank you,

Vickyl71, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Disable/Remove Media Devices from the Network (WMP?)

Hello Rex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the below steps and check if they helps

• Click Start, type Media streaming options into the search space and select the same from the list
    • Go to Show devices on, then select All networks from the drop down menu.
    • Click on the Block All box.
    • Select any one that you want to remove, click on its Remove link, and click on
      Remove the device to approve. Go on until you remove all that you wanted.
    • When finished, click on OK.

Open This PC, right click on any left (one at a time), and click on
    Remove device again. Let me confirm that this will only remove them from your
    This PC window. If in case these media devices are still connected to your network, then they will always appear in your Networks folder since they have been detected.

Keep us posted for any concerns with windows, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery

Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery

1. Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery - Similar Threads - Media Streaming removed

2. Network Discovery is turned off...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Discovery is turned off...: One of my mini PC's a Beelink U55 kept getting this error msg stating that the network discovery is turned off, and I would lose connection to my NAS. However when checking network discovery in Advanced sharing settings, it was still turned on. I had researched several...
  3. network discovery is turned off.

network discovery is turned off.: I have the message "network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visable. Please turn on network discovery in Network and sharing Centre". How do I do this?...
  4. network discovery turned off message

in Windows 10 Customization
    network discovery turned off message: Why would I turn ON network discovery? I am sole user of this computer, connected to nothing except a mouse and a printer...no other computer. Surely the smart tv is not included in network discovery settings? The message suddenly popped up a moment ago so would be pleased...
  5. Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

Undetected Network Streaming Media Device: I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. Now my computer doesn't detect my streaming media device which was working fine under Windows 7. It's the HDHomeRun Duo TV Tuner. When I enter its URL in my browser, the browser displays its information so I know that...
  6. Media Streaming On/Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Streaming On/Off: I use Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates. I find it frustrating that every time I shut down my PC, the Media Streaming setting is re-set to Off. Or, to put it another way, I find it frustrating that every time I boot my PC, I have to click through the old Control...
  7. Network Discovery And Streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network Discovery And Streaming: In Network Discovery>Streaming is not turn on. However, in my Windows Defender I see a lot of streaming going on. Why does it say Inbound rule for the Cast to Device server to allow streaming using HTTPTCP#####. I did not make this rule or any of these rules. Again, I just...
  8. Network Discovery turning off

Network Discovery turning off: I am a Windows Admin and there is a user who is using a Dell 5530 Laptop running Win10 Pro 10.0.17763. She has access to domain network shared files. When she has the shared files open and the computer locks up, after a length of time and unlocks the computer, the files are...
  9. media streaming on network.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media streaming on network.: I have windows 10 pro version 10.0 build 17134 in an HP envy. I have tried to turn on file sharing and media streaming. when I try to turn on media streaming it fails and Windows services administrative tools option appears with Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or...
  10. media player streaming on network

media player streaming on network: playing content from media player on home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-streaming-on-network/397644e7-cd42-411a-9106-28a7d8e51971