Windows 10: Windows Memory Diagnostic results missing

Discus and support Windows Memory Diagnostic results missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and left it running. After a while the PC a laptop actually, Lenovo P50 rebooted it was waiting for the BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David Balažic, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Windows Memory Diagnostic results missing

Hi!

I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and left it running.

After a while the PC a laptop actually, Lenovo P50 rebooted it was waiting for the BIOS password, per company policy, started Windows and... nothing. I expected the test results somewhere.

I checked Event Viewer for events with source MemoryDiagnostics-Results under System category, but there was none. Only found MemoryDiagnostics-Schedule.

So... what happened?

Should the results only appear in case errors were found?

:)

David Balažic, Apr 24, 2020

2. Memory diagnostic test results not found

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This is very unusual that you are unable to find the results for Memory Diagnostic test.

Usually, when the memory diagnostic is complete the results will be stored under Event Viewer. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to access Event Viewer logs for Memory Diagnostic.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type eventvwr and hit enter.
    3. Now expand Windows Logs and click on
      System.

You can use the filter or the find option in Event Viewer to check for specific logs. You can try the steps mentioned below to filter memory diagnostic results in Event Viewer.

1. Right click on System and click on
      Find.
    2. Now type Memory Diagnostic results and click on
      Find Next

This should pull up the results for Memory Diagnostic that you have ran.

Let us know if there are any concerns, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Get results of Memory Scan Diagnostic

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Windows 7 Memory Scan Diagnostic may not be compatible with Windows 10.

You will find the memory diagnostic log under ‘Event Viewer’.

You may try the following steps:

a) Under ‘Event Viewer’ expand ‘Windows Log’
    and right-click on ‘System’ and click on ‘Find’.

b) Type in ‘MemoryDiagnostics-Results’
    and click on ‘Find Next’.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Suvarna Govinda, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Windows Memory Diagnostic results missing

HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Memory Diagnostic results missing

1. Windows Memory Diagnostic results missing - Similar Threads - Memory Diagnostic results

2. No results for Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  3. No results for Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  4. Windows 11 missing memory diagnostic results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 missing memory diagnostic results: As seen here, in the event viewer, there is only scheduled test, but not the results. This is ordered by source, hence in alphabetical order.Please provide me with ability to see the logs once the tests finishes.Yes I ran the test until completion, but not once was I able to...
  5. Windows 11 missing memory diagnostic results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 missing memory diagnostic results: As seen here, in the event viewer, there is only scheduled test, but not the results. This is ordered by source, hence in alphabetical order.Please provide me with ability to see the logs once the tests finishes.Yes I ran the test until completion, but not once was I able to...
  6. Windows Memory Diagnostic not working; Displaying no results

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Memory Diagnostic not working; Displaying no results: [ATTACH]When running Windows Memory Diagnostic, if you receive a black screen or blue screen either after selecting “Restart now and check for problems” or “Check for problems next time I start my computer“, this post will help you resolve the problem. Some users have also...
  7. How to check results of Memory diagnostic ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to check results of Memory diagnostic ??: Well I am not able to check my results of memory diagnostics in the event viewer. I did the test like 2 times . what's the problem?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-results-of-memory-diagnostic/4da30972-592d-4bd6-8a96-e1cf7cebd130
  8. Memory Diagnostics App, No Results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Diagnostics App, No Results: Due to hearing a beep on wake, ran Memory Diagnostics. Watched it run to completion, but on restart no results are offered. I have run it three times now with no results. I already searched Event Viewer, there is no entry for memory diagnostics results. I can find the entry...
  9. Memory diagnostic test results not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory diagnostic test results not found: I have run the test twice now and can't find the results. Based on community threads, I've looked in the windows system log and can find the events for the 'diagnostic being scheduled immediately' - both times - but never any results... any ideas?...
  10. windows memory diagnostics result

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows memory diagnostics result: here is my result and i don't know what's hardware errors. its a ram problem? The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer XML VIEW Log Name: System...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. memory diagnostic results disappeared