Windows 10: Windows memory diagnostic won't finish the test

Discus and support Windows memory diagnostic won't finish the test in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I ran the diagnostic tool and everytime it finishes the test it just restarts the test, doesn't restart my pc or finish. Everytike I did escape to exit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FeistierMoney99, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Windows memory diagnostic won't finish the test

I ran the diagnostic tool and everytime it finishes the test it just restarts the test, doesn't restart my pc or finish. Everytike I did escape to exit it just resets the test too. Anyone know a way to fix this?

:)

FeistierMoney99, Jul 18, 2021

2. Memory diagnostic test results not found

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This is very unusual that you are unable to find the results for Memory Diagnostic test.

Usually, when the memory diagnostic is complete the results will be stored under Event Viewer. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to access Event Viewer logs for Memory Diagnostic.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type eventvwr and hit enter.
    3. Now expand Windows Logs and click on
      System.

You can use the filter or the find option in Event Viewer to check for specific logs. You can try the steps mentioned below to filter memory diagnostic results in Event Viewer.

1. Right click on System and click on
      Find.
    2. Now type Memory Diagnostic results and click on
      Find Next

This should pull up the results for Memory Diagnostic that you have ran.

Let us know if there are any concerns, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Windows Memory Diagnostic - testing very long

Windows memory diagnostics does not stress the ram enough to be valid.

Testing memory does take a long long time but if you run memtest from outside the windows environment it does run faster than what you are currently experiencing.

You have 2 choices, let it finish or stop it.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 18, 2021
  4. SasaAsasa Win User

Windows memory diagnostic won't finish the test

Windows Memory Diagnostic - testing very long

Hello dear forum. I have an another question to you

So my ram are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

I decide to check ram by Windows Memory Diagnostic from Windows 10.

But i dont know why it taking so long. In options i choose 2 loops and Extended test.

Currently i am on 90% of 1 loop and 45% overall. And i am on 14 hour in test. Is this normal or something wrong?

I am kinda worry because somebody with 16gb ram too, said :"For the record, it took just less than 8 hours for the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to run thru 2 testing cycles on 16GB of RAM I was testing."

So i am on 14 hour and its 45% , but he finished test less than 8 hours.Any ideas?

SasaAsasa, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows memory diagnostic won't finish the test

1. Windows memory diagnostic won't finish the test - Similar Threads - memory diagnostic won't

2. Windows memory diagnostic test messed up my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows memory diagnostic test messed up my computer?: I installed new ram and i used the windows memory diagnostics test to see if it’s working and it shut my computer off and turned it on again and off and on, and now it won’t boot to my os, and doesn’t send signal to monitor...
  3. Memory Diagnostic Failed Test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Diagnostic Failed Test: Just recently updated my Motherboard's BIOS B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Earlier today and ever since my pc has crashed on muyltiple games under rendering issues, I rant a memory diagnostic and it failed as well, not sure how to pinpoint what exactly went wrong....
  4. Memory Diagnostic Failed Test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Diagnostic Failed Test: Just recently updated my Motherboard's BIOS B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Earlier today and ever since my pc has crashed on muyltiple games under rendering issues, I rant a memory diagnostic and it failed as well, not sure how to pinpoint what exactly went wrong....
  5. Windows Memory Diagnostic test, been having memory management BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Memory Diagnostic test, been having memory management BSOD: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results" Guid="{5f92bc59-248f-4111-86a9-e393e12c6139}" /> <EventID>1102</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  6. Windows Memory Diagnostic test, been having memory management BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Memory Diagnostic test, been having memory management BSOD: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results" Guid="{5f92bc59-248f-4111-86a9-e393e12c6139}" /> <EventID>1102</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  7. Windows Memory Diagnostic test, been having memory management BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "The Windows Memory Diagnostic scheduled the testing of the computer's memory to run...

"The Windows Memory Diagnostic scheduled the testing of the computer's memory to run...: Good afternoon, I need anyone's help regarding this result after I ran Windows Diagnostics. What should I do next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-memory-diagnostic-scheduled-the/f6a167ba-903d-4790-8347-2def6170e08a
  9. Memory diagnostic test results not found

Memory diagnostic test results not found: I have run the test twice now and can't find the results. Based on community threads, I've looked in the windows system log and can find the events for the 'diagnostic being scheduled immediately' - both times - but never any results... any ideas?...
  10. Windows Memory Diagnostic didn't display test results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Memory Diagnostic didn't display test results: I can see the thumbnail in the corner, but when I click it, nothing happens! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-memory-diagnostic-didnt-display-test/9f19e735-ae23-4b6f-adeb-6513eebdce56