Windows 10: Windows menu and many other things is corrupt

Discus and support Windows menu and many other things is corrupt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i was playing with a friend over discord and i screen shared PUBG. It all went fine until when i was done, my desktop started going black and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Simon Hessel, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Windows menu and many other things is corrupt

So i was playing with a friend over discord and i screen shared PUBG. It all went fine until when i was done, my desktop started going black and then it all refreshed. I shut down my computer since i had to go and next day my computer turns on to a black screen. I couldn't do anything.

I troubleshooted a lot of things until i ended up COMPLETELY FRESH RESETTING my pc.

Now it's booting up fine, but Windows Menu, Windows Defender, Settings, Microsoft Edge and many other services, can't be opened, or crashes when it's loading. When i click on the windows icon nothing happens, windows defender crashes, and when i tried to go to my settings via powershell and command prompt, it ends up saying "Package could not be registered".

What i have already tried:

Signing in and out.

Locking and signing back

/sfc scannow.

DISM.

Trying to update but literally can't access settings.

Re-installing drivers.

Making new account.

And some other things.

When i try to scan for corrupt files, it says no files are corrupt and all is fine.

Keep in mind this all happened after a fresh reset of my pc.

I really need to fix this because it's very hard to use my pc without these features.

:)

Simon Hessel, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Freelancer Menu text corruption

Ok I tried the mod and it was still showing corruption in the menus, I tried playing on this lappy's full resolution 1280 x 800 and the same corruption, also tried an updated config file which added support for my IGP and it still displays corruption. If the 945 was originally unsupported would an older driver actually help?

LifeOnMars, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Windows menu and many other things is corrupt

The Windows Store and the Start Menu is corrupted

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. Kindly refer to the below given methods and check if it works.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell in search, right click on it and Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows menu and many other things is corrupt

1. Windows menu and many other things is corrupt - Similar Threads - menu many things

2. Many icons are not showing , corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many icons are not showing , corrupted: I wanted to clean up the storage in the drive:C so i deleted everything in the appdata including local locallow and even the roaming folder. So i guess these are its consequences.Hence many of the apps icons are not working.So how to overcome this....
  3. Many icons are not showing , corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Many icons are not showing , corrupted: I wanted to clean up the storage in the drive:C so i deleted everything in the appdata including local locallow and even the roaming folder. So i guess these are its consequences.Hence many of the apps icons are not working.So how to overcome this....
  4. Many icons are not showing , corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many icons are not showing , corrupted: I wanted to clean up the storage in the drive:C so i deleted everything in the appdata including local locallow and even the roaming folder. So i guess these are its consequences.Hence many of the things are not working.So how to overcome this....
  5. Windows Start Menu closes instantly among other things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Start Menu closes instantly among other things: This is a really weird problem that i have had for a few months now. Sometimes, after my PC is left on for a bit, I want to use my Start menu to open stuff, as I prefer that over clicking desktop icons. If I click on the Windows sign on the bottom left, my start menu appears...
  6. Many important things not opening!

Many important things not opening!: Hello! Today I was watching some YouTube videos on how to make my laptop faster and I tried many things to make it faster. After those steps I wanted to open the task manager but it wouldn't open. Then I tried opening it by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete and it still didn't...
  7. So many things wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So many things wrong: I recently bought a HP Pavilion desktop and i'm starting to have problems after I updated it. I can't open the task manager even with shortcuts. I can only open Chrome by clicking it on the desktop There are no apps on the taskbar, and when I click anything on it nothing...
  8. Many things not working

Many things not working: I am using Windows 10 Pro . So earlier i was going across regedit and i was setting permissions to a group , nvm so later my screen just refreshed and actually i couldn't see half of my taskbar , it was like invisible . I could point the mouse to that and it would eventually...
  9. Start Menu and Countless other things will not work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Countless other things will not work in Windows 10: So, here's the thing. I have done everything the internet has told me to do to fix this issue. I am unable to go to a repair center as my working hours interfere with their business hours. I cannot afford a new laptop at this point, especially considering that I bought this...
  10. Acronyms and Other Things

in Windows 10 Support
    Acronyms and Other Things: We've all seen it at least once; someone posts an explanation and right in the middle of that explanation, you see GPO, WSL, IE, OIC, WIP, WU, IE11, etc. Try as you might, you cannot remember what half of those mean, if you can remember any at all! The purpose of this thread...