Windows 10: Windows menu and windows apps not working

Discus and support Windows menu and windows apps not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i recently reset my laptop running on windows 10 but after i reset it i found that my windows start menu doesnt pop up when i left click on it. If i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by linusluangrath, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Windows menu and windows apps not working

So i recently reset my laptop running on windows 10 but after i reset it i found that my windows start menu doesnt pop up when i left click on it. If i right click on it i can access some things like my task manager but not my settings. Also my microsoft edge is missing or it doesnt work at all. Cortana and my search bar doesnt work when i click on it as well. The only windows app i can access is the microsoft store.

I tried the sfc command but it said it couldnt find anything wrong. I also tried to redownload the apps but i kept getting the message “appxmanifest.xml does not exist.

if anyone can help thank you in advance

:)

linusluangrath, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. 95Viper Win User

Windows menu and windows apps not working

Weather App not working windows 8.1

I have no problems with the weather app... on my pc, tablets, laptops, or windows phones.
    Must be regional/local problems.

Or, your store/app data files may be corrupt.
    Might want to try the apps troubleshooter.

95Viper, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows menu and windows apps not working

1. Windows menu and windows apps not working - Similar Threads - menu apps working

2. Start menu and windows apps not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and windows apps not working.: Start menu doesn't start by keyboard OR by mouse. Microsoft store icon in taskbar is empty, on starting says "Class not registered" for explorer.exe. Some shortcuts like Win+D or Win+I also not workingWin+E works. I tried to restart explorer through task manager and command...
  3. Start menu and windows apps not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and windows apps not working.: Start menu doesn't start by keyboard OR by mouse. Microsoft store icon in taskbar is empty, on starting says "Class not registered" for explorer.exe. Some shortcuts like Win+D or Win+I also not workingWin+E works. I tried to restart explorer through task manager and command...
  4. Start menu and windows apps not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  6. Start menu apps not work

Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  7. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu: the keyboard works fine on other apps, but when related to windows interface it does not worksearchbar,inputting a wifi password etc.. this happened after updating my windows today.im so fed up of windows issues...
  9. The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11

The start menu and Settings app are not working in windows 11: I've tried numerous troubleshooting guides to try and fix this issue and nothing has worked. I've tried reinstalling via windows 11 iso. Nothing has worked. Are there any fixes for this that are recent that I haven't tried and barring that is there a way to revert to windows...
  10. Start menu and Windows apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and Windows apps not working: This issue started a few days ago and the more I use my laptop, the more issues I find somehow. First, my start menu won't stay open and I can't click on anything in it either. Some things aren't clickable in my search menu either (left click won't work but right click...