Windows 10: Window's Menu background color

Discus and support Window's Menu background color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everybody, How can I change the background color of a Window's Menu*? * Not be confused with the Window's Start Menu. I know how to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by doncole, Mar 27, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

Window's Menu background color

Hello everybody,

How can I change the background color of a Window's Menu*?

* Not be confused with the Window's Start Menu. I know how to do that.

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Mar 27, 2018
  2. DanDolgin Win User

Background colour of applications, under Windows 10 I haven't been able to find this function

My windows app menu (Windows 10) is missing the color background completely. When I open the app menu, the background is using same as my start menu (Windows Desktop), which is my windows theme background. I checked all the color choices in Settings.
    I can't find anything telling it to not use a background color for the windows apps. I can restart and see if that fixes it.

DanDolgin, Mar 27, 2018
  3. suat.cini Win User
    Why are right-click menu background colors different ?

Start button right-click menu background color: Black / Dark color

Taskbar right-click background color: Black / Dark color

Desktop right-click background color: White / Light color

Can we make all right-click menu background colors the same ? Black / Dark color, for example.

Below screenshot shows the three right-click menus together. The menus are shot at different times but put together for easy comparison.

Window's Menu background color [​IMG]

suat.cini, Mar 27, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

What do you mean? The Task View background when switching desktops? The blue background you get when you multi-boot? The menu you get when you hit *Start + X?

Could you post a picture perhaps?

5. doncole Win User
    Thank you
    for your reply lx07, *Smile

Here you go.

Don Cole

doncole, Mar 28, 2018
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    There is no setting for those menu's in win10 afaik. In High Contrast Themes it can be manipulated in the theme code. I remember some app a while back that manipulated it but did not work well. I gave up themes on 10 a long time ago.

SonicBlue, Mar 28, 2018
  7. Callender Win User
    You can change it here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors but you should be aware that changes will affect other areas too:

There's a thread here. Seems to work on windows 10 but I cannot fully test as I use a File Explorer replacement.

How to change background color of Folders in Windows 7 Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Read it all.

When i say other areas will be affected here's another example;

So opening a notepad document looks like this:

Suggest: Don't make any changes without backing up (exporting) registry keys. Also it won't work if using custom themes.

Callender, Mar 28, 2018
  8. SonicBlue Win User

This is why I said I gave up on themes in 10. They threw all the rules out the window!

SonicBlue, Mar 28, 2018
  9. I appologise if I am barging in here, but I didn't think it appropriate to start a new thread for this similar question.

Is there a way to change the background colour of the Settings Menus to a pastel colour?

I have seen the option in Personalise to set the theme colour to either Dark or Light; see first example of my current White background:

Settings Background White-1 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

........but is it possible to change the Settings Menus background colour to something similar to the grey example below that I saw on a Web Page?

Settings Background Grey by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

pipmeister, Apr 2, 2018
  10. Berton Win User
    Version 1803 Build 17134.1 is the current IP/Insider Preview, not released to the public yet, as mentioned in many news stories and forums.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
  11. Barman58 Win User
    The grey background is likely to be Just a mock up given it's source - Flickr

Also, This menu has changed in Spring Creators Update 1803 so probably not a great idea to pursue this idea, until the whole system has settled down Microsoft may even add the option themselves

Barman58, Apr 19, 2018
  12. Thank you very much for your advice.

I am yet to receive the Spring Creators Update 1803. I did have an update to my "out of the box" Build Version of 1709 on the 10th April 2018, which turned out to be 1709 (OS Build 16299.371) when it installed.

Pip.

pipmeister, Apr 19, 2018
  13. Barman58 Win User

The Spring Creators Update is currently on hold I am on the insider program so received it, before they found the "Blocking Bug" and stopped the planned release on April 10th. No date so far for actual release

Barman58, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Window's Menu background color - Similar Threads - Window's Menu background

2. colors of background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    colors of background: I don't have any idea what I did. The background right now is black. So is the taskbar, desktop, etc. There are still icons showing, but I have tried all the settings ideas and it doesn't change it back to the white background that it used to have and the blue taskbar, plus...
  3. colors of background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    colors of background: I don't have any idea what I did. The background right now is black. So is the taskbar, desktop, etc. There are still icons showing, but I have tried all the settings ideas and it doesn't change it back to the white background that it used to have and the blue taskbar, plus...
  4. Background color for Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background color for Start Menu: Recently Win Update installed the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2), and I am left with a white background in my Start Menu (see picture) I went to Settings, but when I try to change the color, the check box to change the Start Menu is grayed out. (see picture) Does...
  5. Background color for Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Background color for Start Menu: Recently Win Update installed the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2), and I am left with a white background in my Start Menu (see picture) I went to Settings, but when I try to change the color, the check box to change the Start Menu is grayed out. (see picture) Does...
  6. background color

background color: my screen has changed to a black background for games etc and I wish to turn it back to white. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/0e685942-3818-49bb-bd2b-fae2c3eff17a
  7. background colors

background colors: A couple days ago, when Windows 10 performed its automatic update, I was left with the color of my backgrounds all black. I want my taskbar black, my desktop a picture and all other backgrounds white. I was able to get the picture back on the desktop BUT, I cannot have the...
  8. Background color

Background color: I somehow managed to change my background color to black. Not Good. New to 10. Don't know how I made change; therefore, I am unable to find out how to change it to something else. Somehow changed color on front first page to color I wanted on every page there after....
  9. background color

background color: How do I go back to default background color? I played around and pushed the wrong buttons and it is a mess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-color/4356bbb0-f945-4328-899c-6a45f00714e4
  10. Windows Background Color

Windows Background Color: I have set the following registry entries to reduce the blinding white Window background color on my Windows 10 computer: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors 190 190 190 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors 190 190 190 But every time the computer goes to...