Windows 10: Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

Discus and support Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903. I regularly try to update my machine, ( toshiba z30c,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by benaspx, Jul 9, 2019.

1. benaspx Win User

Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903.

I regularly try to update my machine, ( toshiba z30c, 8gb, 256gb, i5 ) however after installing 1903 the taskbar, windows menu button and search bar have become unresponsive. I have rolled back the install and regained functionality however eventually I'll need to install this update has anyone had experience troubleshooting this issue?

:)

benaspx, Jul 9, 2019
  2. N.Strahl Win User

Start Menu Button on Task Bar becomes unresponsive

On occasion, the Start Menu button becomes unresponsive, in which case the Start Menu does not open after clicking the Windows icon. In addition, other buttons on the task bar also become unresponsive. It is as if parts of, or all of the task bar becomes
    frozen. The only (temporary) fix is to restart Windows.

I run Windows 10 Pro on a Lenovo Yoga 3-1470. Has anybody been having the same problem?

N.Strahl, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

START BUTTON / TASK BAR UNRESPONSIVE

Just updated to build 10586 and now START BUTTON / TASK-BAR ARE OFTEN UNRESPONSIVE, also icons on Task-bar and Notification Area sometimes do not display. Might have to revert to build 10240 if a fix is not distributed soon.

Checked Windows feedback and others are experiencing the same issue.

Just Wondering if this is being experienced by members of the Microsoft Community and if there is any solution?

Thanks,

Ron

Ron - LynnSwerdfeger, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

1. Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903 - Similar Threads - menu button task

2. windows search bar task bar and menu wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows search bar task bar and menu wont work: I need help the taskbar search bar and menu wont work so i basically cant do anything even the windows key + r dont work already tried restarting windows explorer and ending its task on task manager but it just didnt worki can open the apps but i cant interact with my...
  3. windows search bar task bar and menu wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search bar task bar and menu wont work: I need help the taskbar search bar and menu wont work so i basically cant do anything even the windows key + r dont work already tried restarting windows explorer and ending its task on task manager but it just didnt worki can open the apps but i cant interact with my...
  4. Unresponsive Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive Task Bar: I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive...
  5. Unresponsive Task Bar

Unresponsive Task Bar: I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive...
  6. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  7. Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button, Search bar and Notifications button not working on task bar: Hi there, My PC is only about 3 or 4 months old. That being said, the most recent things that have happened were an update on my pc on the 19th of this month, and I moved my OS from my hdd to an ssd. I cant pinpoint exactly when the issues started happening, but it was within...
  8. start button and search bar working on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button and search bar working on the task bar: Hiright someone please help me out here, both of the start button and search bar at the bottom on the task bar are irresponsible. went to settings-personalisation-taskbar and search isn’t even there to click never mind it being off. i don’t know if somethings deleted or...
  9. start button and search bar working on the task bar

start button and search bar working on the task bar: Hiright someone please help me out here, both of the start button and search bar at the bottom on the task bar are irresponsible. went to settings-personalisation-taskbar and search isn’t even there to click never mind it being off. i don’t know if somethings deleted or...
  10. Task bar unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar unresponsive: Running windows 10 on my lap top. This morning it worked fine and now I cannot activate the start button, internet, type in search or view notifications. Ran virus software and cleaners to no avail. At a loss, usually pretty good with this stuff....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unresponsive taskbar search menu

2. win10 search bar unresponsive after update

3. seach bar disappears when I hit start button windows 10 1903