Windows 10: Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

Discus and support Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903. I regularly try to update my machine, ( toshiba z30c,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by benaspx, Jul 9, 2019.

1. benaspx Win User

Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903.

I regularly try to update my machine, ( toshiba z30c, 8gb, 256gb, i5 ) however after installing 1903 the taskbar, windows menu button and search bar have become unresponsive. I have rolled back the install and regained functionality however eventually I'll need to install this update has anyone had experience troubleshooting this issue?

:)

benaspx, Jul 9, 2019
  2. N.Strahl Win User

Start Menu Button on Task Bar becomes unresponsive

On occasion, the Start Menu button becomes unresponsive, in which case the Start Menu does not open after clicking the Windows icon. In addition, other buttons on the task bar also become unresponsive. It is as if parts of, or all of the task bar becomes
    frozen. The only (temporary) fix is to restart Windows.

I run Windows 10 Pro on a Lenovo Yoga 3-1470. Has anybody been having the same problem?

N.Strahl, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

START BUTTON / TASK BAR UNRESPONSIVE

Just updated to build 10586 and now START BUTTON / TASK-BAR ARE OFTEN UNRESPONSIVE, also icons on Task-bar and Notification Area sometimes do not display. Might have to revert to build 10240 if a fix is not distributed soon.

Checked Windows feedback and others are experiencing the same issue.

Just Wondering if this is being experienced by members of the Microsoft Community and if there is any solution?

Thanks,

Ron

Ron - LynnSwerdfeger, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

1. Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903 - Similar Threads - menu button task

2. Speaker button on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker button on task bar: When I click on the speaker button on my task bar, nothing happens. I am unable to increase the volume of my speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-button-on-task-bar/6efbd51d-6068-4526-8b96-0364bc4abc90
  3. Unresponsive Task Bar After Reset Of A SurfacePro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive Task Bar After Reset Of A SurfacePro: Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my battery on my Surface Pro 4 and I read somewhere in the community that doing a system reset (I kept all my personal files, all apps were deleted) would help. Once I restarted it, I booted up my computer again and now I cant access...
  4. Start Button and Search Bar Probloems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button and Search Bar Probloems: I am having problems with my start button and search bar they don't respond the right click on the start button does work though. 129537
  5. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  6. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  7. Start menu button and task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu button and task bar not working: Start menu won't function and all pinned apps have disappeared from task bar. On my task manager it shows 99 Windows processes operating but no IE or Windows icon on task manager. I was shopping on Amazon after an update yesterday when I believe I encountered malware. Help...
  8. Start Menu Search Bar

Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...
  9. Restoring search bar in task bar.

Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...
  10. Start button + task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button + task bar not working: Hi, Got my Win 10 at the lauch day and have been enjoying it until I decided to do some clean up. I ran Ccleaner and Puran utilities reg cleaning tools. After that the start button and task bar became unresponsive. I tried to google the issue and found out a sort of a...