Windows menu layout

Discus and support Windows menu layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, So recently I've been changing some windows settings because of a video to get the possible best settings for gaming, and when I relaunched my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Boufrad, Jul 11, 2018 at 5:33 PM.

1. Boufrad Win User

Windows menu layout

Hello,

So recently I've been changing some windows settings because of a video to get the possible best settings for gaming, and when I relaunched my PC to get the results, my menu layout started to look like this http://prntscr.com/k5cq86 and I don't really like it since it's very hard to access to the desktop and I'm having hard time minimizing apps, so my question is is there anyway I can get everything back to default, with the default looking windows menu layout, thanks you in advance.

:)

2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Jaune Bel Win User
    How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern with resetting the tile layout in the Start menu. Kindly answer the following:

• Is your computer connected in a domain?
    • Which build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried the steps given by DaveM121 on a different user profile?

We'll be waiting for your response.

4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows menu layout

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Thema:

Windows menu layout

1. Windows menu layout - Similar Threads - menu layout

2. Start menu tiles layout savefile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu tiles layout savefile?: after updag win7 to win10 i immediately customized my start menu tiles and it looked really awesome while still being organised. After encountering numerous problems with poorly migrated programs i did a fresh install ( like a month ago) and havent been able to find that same...
  3. Start Menu Layout - Modify via Logon Script

Start Menu Layout - Modify via Logon Script: Hello it's possible at the logon change the start menu, add or remove a tile in the start layout ?? Or is possible on the left side in start menu in the "Most used" make my link ?? 47940
  4. Windows 10 Default Start Menu Layout Add Folder Icons

Windows 10 Default Start Menu Layout Add Folder Icons: So I have worked out how to customize the windows 10 start menu and then use powershell to import it so default users or new users start menu is set using the following commands and editing defaultlayout.xml: #Export start layout and customize Code: Export-StartLayout...
  5. Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't change start menu setting, layout and pin/unpin malfunction.: Windows 10 Pro 64bit - ver 1703 Hi, I have problem with start menu, setting and layout can not be changed (I could change them, but the setting won't effect and layout will be reset everytime) At first, the problem didn't present until I try to pin some *.exe files and...
  6. Export Start Menu Layout (Tile Arrangement) without PS ? Help...

in Windows 10 Support
    Export Start Menu Layout (Tile Arrangement) without PS ? Help...: I want to export my Start Menu layout to another (local) account. However, when using Powershell's Import-StartLayout, I receive an 'access denied' error, it seems that the command tries to access the (hidden) C:\Users\Default folder as I set C:\ as -MountPath, perhaps...
  7. How to get back the Win10 1511 start menu layout

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get back the Win10 1511 start menu layout: Hello. Is there any way to get back the 1511 start menu? Since the Anniversary Update it changed and I really would prefer the previous one, however I cannot find anything in settings or on the internet about how to get it back. Is it even possible? Thanks. 62340
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB Start Menu Layouts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB Start Menu Layouts not working: Hello, I'm working on win 10 enterprise LTSB x64. I'm following the instructions on Start layout for Windows 10 desktop editions - Windows 10 hardware dev on how to make a start menu layout that I can deploy. Note: By default on Win 10 LTSB the icons in the start...
  9. Start Menu Layout will not save the changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Layout will not save the changes: I just did a clean installed of Windows 10 (1709) and as I recall, this happened to me a while back as well when the Start Menu Layout will not save the changes. So when I Unpin all the apps from the Start Layout, it will not save the settings even after all the updates and...
  10. Cannot export custom start menu layout with build 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot export custom start menu layout with build 1703: Updated to latest version of Creator's Update (15063.250), when I try to export a custom start menu layout for use on other Windows 10 workstations I get an error. Under PowerShell (admin) I run: export-startlayout -path c:\teststart.xml I get the following in return:...