Windows 10: Windows Menu Not Clickable After Update

Discus and support Windows Menu Not Clickable After Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My brand new laptop forced an update about a week ago and now the start menu is not working! It opens, but Cortana, the power button, the settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yomonkeysuncle9, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Windows Menu Not Clickable After Update

My brand new laptop forced an update about a week ago and now the start menu is not working! It opens, but Cortana, the power button, the settings button, the search bar, etc. all do nothing. Even if you find a different way to shut off the laptop safely (like through the task manager), it doesn't even shut off!!! The screen just goes black and the system stays on. I can't even begin to detail how extremely frustrating this is. Is there anyway to fix this?? I tried updating Windows again and the issue was fixed for about 5 minutes and started again. I am trying to uninstall the updates, but now it is stuck in "restarting" mode.

:)

Yomonkeysuncle9, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Start menu search items not clickable

This has been mentioned a lot and even though I'm constantly forced to update with a count down or scheduling reminder (I've seen posts of supposedly how to disable automatic updates however never had the time to investigate doing it myself but not happy
    about how difficult the process is to disable it in W10P) I still don't see this problem getting addressed.

Problem: Search in start menu for random items result in un-clickable items. For example, type "remove" and the "Add or remove Programs" and "Uninstall a Program" options are listed at the top as one would expect but clicking on them does nothing.

Windows Menu Not Clickable After Update 3fcbe912-6637-4bb5-adf9-66201278cb39.jpg

Solution: Type "control" and the "Control Panel" option is listed and IS clickable. Then go to the sub option within the explorer control panel window.

Question: Why list items in the search result if they are not accessible? Is this intuitive? No.

Machine specific? Before suggesting this is a broken install it might help to know I can reproduce this on every W10 machine I've ever worked on of which exist in totally different environments, some were W8 upgrades...some were clean installs.

pingram3541, Mar 24, 2019
  4. passegua Win User

Windows Menu Not Clickable After Update

Some Cortana search results are not clickable

I selected all the files but yet some are not clickable.

passegua, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows Menu Not Clickable After Update

1. Windows Menu Not Clickable After Update - Similar Threads - Menu Clickable Update

2. URL is no longer clickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL is no longer clickable: Not sure if since the last update but links are no longer clickable. I cant even copy them in the app.Phone Link 1.22022.180.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-is-no-longer-clickable/620a6130-8e51-4d0c-bdfd-a13d6ba6368d
  3. New menu after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    New menu after update: Hi. A new news menu appeared in my task bar after a Windows update. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-menu-after-update/66f260c1-7cd9-4f16-aa8f-839c90cf7e28
  4. Desktop icons not clickable

Desktop icons not clickable: i am unable to click the icons at the bottom right on my desktop battery, wifi, sound, bluetooth etc - the notification icons on task bar. No activity happens after clicking them. windows is up to date and everything else on the desktop is functioning well. tried to Perform...
  5. Nothing clickable after startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing clickable after startup: Since yesterday, without doing anything sepcific, my pc acts really weird after startup. I can login but then I can‘t click on anything except the wallpaper (click on program icons, drag the blue selection rectangle). The taskbar doesn‘t work, neither do programs that I...
  6. Start menu newly-pinned tile not clickable after moving

Start menu newly-pinned tile not clickable after moving: Whenever I pin a program/app tile to Start menu, the tile becomes unclickable after moving it to the preferred section. For regular tiles already in place, like PuTTY below, they get highlighted with the border on mouse hover, which makes them clickable. [ATTACH]...
  7. Desktop not clickable ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop not clickable ?: Hello Just recently my desktop started to act weird. I cant click on anything unless I do a bunch of other steps and its very annoying to deal with it and I dont have a solution for that. I dont know what might have caused this to happen. Please help. submitted by...
  8. Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable: Hi, please am having issues with my pc start menu, search bar and all the taskbar icons, after i update the windows 10. The start menu windows button is not working and all other taskbar icons. some settings like windows security and account settings are not working also....
  9. Start Menu not clickable at times...

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not clickable at times...: Every once in a whils I lose the ability of opening the start menu either by clicking on it or using the keyboard. In order to restart, I have to hit the reset button. After that, I regain the Start Menu, but that does not last long. Maybe a couple of hours later the same...
  10. crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

in Windows 10 Support
    crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable: win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod. after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper left corner, and none of the menu is clickable. I have to use keyboard arrow keys to navigate. Also, when I start typing...