Windows 10: Windows menu scroll-bug

Discus and support Windows menu scroll-bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Since yesterday my pc encountered a problem. Whenever i open anything windows related (windows menu, or anything on the windows bar)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NaduNaduNadu, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows menu scroll-bug

Hello everyone,

Since yesterday my pc encountered a problem. Whenever i open anything windows related (windows menu, or anything on the windows bar) it just scrolls through all options. I can't even really change stuff in my windows settings anymore because it just keeps scrolling once i press one button.

When i am in other programs (like in a browser - in this case firefox) it doesnt happen and there are no problems at all (which kinda indicates it's not the keyboard or the mouse i guess).

Here is how that looks:

No inputs apart from one click:

https://gyazo.com/e5cf491e9d5a0862e4e0c33e03684873

https://gyazo.com/a0c686bc0ba3535d017ccfa83167f077

Trying to get some letters into the search box:

https://gyazo.com/4b8e473788f781addf31c7e03519eb72

Has anyone encountered this or has an idea on how to fix it? Thanks for your time and sorry if this is a silly or stupid question!

submitted by /u/NaduNaduNadu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NaduNaduNadu, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. E72 scrolling bug?

Hey guys,

I've noticed this irritating bug on my 023fw:

the phone lags when scrolling through menus and lists. for example go into contacts and hold the down key to scroll quickly through names, keep pressing down do you notice that the phone hangs every couple of seconds?

thecrow163, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Pedr Win User

Windows menu scroll-bug

Scroll bar on main menu scrolls straight to last item

When I click on the scroll bar of the main windows menu (bottom left button) and start to scroll down, the scrolling then continues automatically to the last item on the list so that I can't access the others. It is as if gravity has taken charge! There is no problem with scroll bars in web windows or in Excel. I think the same problem was happening in Word last week but it is not today. I have tried following various recommended fixes including a clean boot, running Windows defender scan and switching off some mouse functions. I am no computer expert so it is possible I have perforemd all these actions correctly. Nothing has solved the problem. I've also tried a different mouse.
    Any suggestions as to what is the cause of the problem and how I might fix it would be very much appreciated. The graphics card is fairly ancient: could this be the problem?

Thema:

Windows menu scroll-bug

1. Windows menu scroll-bug - Similar Threads - menu scroll bug

2. Windows auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows auto scroll bug: HelloI have developed a bug when using windows 10 recently, all windows menus are auto scrolling making the system interface pretty unusable I have uploaded an example of the bug in action on imgurI haveuninstalled and reinstalled my mouse driversunplugged and replugged all...
  3. Windows' applications scrolling bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows' applications scrolling bug: For a while now I am getting a problem that any windows application I use file explorer, windows settings, windows search bar continuously scrolls as if the up arrow key is being held down. Not exactly page scrolling. It only scrolls through the options in the application. It...
  4. Windows 10 20h2 Scrolling bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20h2 Scrolling bug: Since when i updated to 20H2 i have this weird scrolling bug when i use the xbox one controller. Even if a disconnect the controller, the computer keep getting inputs from somewhere. and i can only fix with disconnecting from the account or restart the pc. I have this bug...
  5. menu scrolling bug

menu scrolling bug: hi, when i open the start menu or right click on the taskbar icons the menu immediately starts scrolling upwards as if i am using shift-tab. it also occurs in Microsoft edge. it is not happening when i using chrome or file explorer. I've tried unplugging the keyboard and...
  6. Scrolling Bug

Scrolling Bug: My windows keeps scrolling up on File Explorer and Settings. I tried unchecking "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" in the Personalization settings, but it didn't work. I also tried making my desktop background a solid color, and that didn't work either....
  7. Fix scrolling bug

Fix scrolling bug: I've tried everything! Replace mouse, keyboard, log in/out, change account, auto scroll off & color off. I do not have a way to restore back. Please help! submitted by /u/shagy4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtxy33/fix_scrolling_bug/
  8. Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?

Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?: TLDR - scrolling inactive windows seems to work at the application level, not the window level, as it should. Bug? Or some other way to get proper behavior? ----- Hi, Been googling around a good bit, but unfortunately, can't seem to find an answer to my issue....
  9. Windows 10 scrolling down bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 scrolling down bug: When accessing menus in windows 10, they are automatically stuck scrolling down. It's nothing I have plugged in, I've confirmed this already by unplugging everything and just trying with my trackpad. The settings screen will be fine until I click a dropdown, at which point it...
  10. Start Menu scroll bar Bug

Start Menu scroll bar Bug: There is a scroll bar, even if the tiles do not take up the entire height of the Start Menu. Can it be fixed soon? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-scroll-bar-bug/72869904-8461-4cd6-8e62-dbb04c9c110c