Windows 10: Windows menus/programs barely usable as if right clicking

Discus and support Windows menus/programs barely usable as if right clicking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had an odd problem that suddenly popped up one night and after 2 updates, it hasn't fixed itself. Whenever I open the start menu, attempt to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShaneKneer, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows menus/programs barely usable as if right clicking

I've had an odd problem that suddenly popped up one night and after 2 updates, it hasn't fixed itself. Whenever I open the start menu, attempt to use cortana, or use a different Windows search bar I have to rapidly click or press a key to get any input. It brings up the undo option over and over again. I have not had this problem with google chrome or any other non-windows program.

I've tried unplugging my keyboard and using a different mouse, but there was no change in this odd behavior. I've even tried running Malwarebytes free and Bitdefender free and can't find anything.

:)

ShaneKneer, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Mussels Win User
    system doesnt respond when i press right click in ...

that right click menu is called the context menu.

odds are, a broken program has left entries there and windows is trying to load them, and waits to timeout before giving you a menu.

i have a program that fixes that, looking for a link now

http://blog.shankarganesh.com/2007/...e-delete-windows-explorer-shell-context-menu/

list of programs

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-clean-up-your-messy-windows-context-menu/

registry locations for doing it manually (and definately worke for vista/7)

Mussels, Sep 15, 2018
  4. tigger Win User

Windows menus/programs barely usable as if right clicking

tigger, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows menus/programs barely usable as if right clicking

1. Windows menus/programs barely usable as if right clicking - Similar Threads - menus programs barely

2. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  3. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  4. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  5. Right click and drop down menus not working

Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  6. The Windows 11 Start Menu is barely usable

in Windows 10 News
    The Windows 11 Start Menu is barely usable: Microsoft's upcoming Windows 11 operating system has a Start Menu that is barely usable in its current form. Windows 11 will be the third operating system in succession with a Start Menu redesign. Windows 8 introduced the fullscreen Start interface and Windows 10 live tiles...
  7. How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?

How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?: hello*Smile After right clicking an MP3 file, I get: Add to Winamp's Bookmark List https://s16.picofile.com/file/8413474684/454878.png How do I remove these? Please create a registry file Thanks 168076
  8. Programs or drop down menus not working when right clicking/frozen loading icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs or drop down menus not working when right clicking/frozen loading icon: Hello, This seems to be a common problem but so far I haven't found a solution that works & I've already wasted hours I don't have online trying to find the answer. When I right-click an icon on the desktop or anything in file explorer, etc, I get an endless blue loading...
  9. Text in right click menus on taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in right click menus on taskbar missing: I think this is related to tiles disappearing on the start menu. It feels like a graphic bug. But I'm not sure. [img] 25411
  10. White boxes for right click menus?

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for right click menus?: http://puu.sh/jjjOl/869ebbd62a.png The bottom right box is me right clicking the Speakers or Network icons. I can click in it and it still works but it's just annoying knowing that it's not working properly. Anyone else have this problem or perhaps a solution for it? 10411