Windows 10: Windows menus selection auto scroll to top

Discus and support Windows menus selection auto scroll to top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's not my mouse or keyboard as the problem persists even if I disconnect one of them. I've done the scans from command prompt, it found corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeithManning2551, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Windows menus selection auto scroll to top

It's not my mouse or keyboard as the problem persists even if I disconnect one of them. I've done the scans from command prompt, it found corrupted files and fixed them. Restarted and still no fix. Is there anything else I can do?

If I hold down on the keyboard it can beat the autoscroll for a bit but it's almost impossible to select anything. I can't access any system controls like sound as none of my clicks work, it just scrolls to the home button.

Device manager is fine but I can't even use the calculator

:)

KeithManning2551, Sep 14, 2020

2. Auto Scrolling in start menu

All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click
    on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I can only sometimes get into the sub-menu and once I'm in said menu it will continue scrolling to the top. This also happens if I go into windows settings but not file explorer or any other programs.
    I've tried disabling and re-enabling my mouse and keyboard and restarting but nothing has fixed the problem

PhilipGroen, Sep 14, 2020
  3. kthr33 Win User
    No Scroll Printer Selection

Windows 10, Dell desktop PC. Sometimes when I select to print a document, the small, square print window that comes up has a single 'General' tab at the top. The selections are listed 3 per column. Out of that big long list, there are only 2 printers I
    have used so far, Microsoft Print to PDF, and our Ricoh printer. As it happens, each is at opposite ends of that long list and it seems as if every time I wish to print, I need the printer that doesn't show. That requires me to scroll to the other printer.
    Is it possible to edit/adjust the names of these printers so they appear next to each other and scrolling isn't required? All suggestions, ideas, comments any wish to offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

kthr33, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Windows menus selection auto scroll to top

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Thema:

Windows menus selection auto scroll to top

1. Windows menus selection auto scroll to top - Similar Threads - menus selection auto

2. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting: When i click the start buttton it starts slecting random things so fast that i can't even restart it or when i go to settings => application for example it scrolls me to the buttom and get stuck therewhen i restart it stops for a while then comes backWindows 10 proversion...
  3. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting: When i click the start buttton it starts slecting random things so fast that i can't even restart it or when i go to settings => application for example it scrolls me to the buttom and get stuck therewhen i restart it stops for a while then comes backWindows 10 proversion...
  4. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  6. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  7. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Auto Scrolling In Menus

Auto Scrolling In Menus: Whenever I open the Windows Start menu and settings menus the selection automatically scrolls up. At first it was scrolling down and I thought it was just a glitch that would go away with a restart of my laptop or update but no, now it scrolls up instead for some reason. Is...
  9. Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus

Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus: It randomly occurred two days after I disabled my mouse from waking the computer. No scrolling occurs on websites, only in windows system menus. Keep in mind I'm an IT professional and have never seen this. I've uninstalled the mouse and keyboard drives and rebooted, I have...
  10. Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus

Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus: How do I restore the functionality of Windows 10 so that I can navigate and select options in system menus and they actually activate the option selection? Beginning about 2 weeks ago, randomly I could not clear the notifications from the notifications area. Rebooting seemed...