Windows 10: Windows messy UX design

Discus and support Windows messy UX design in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Introduce third party "shell experiences" ^ "desktop environments" and forget about it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A1eandr0, Oct 4, 2019.

1. A1eandr0 Win User

Windows messy UX design

Introduce third party "shell experiences" ^ "desktop environments" and forget about it.

:)

A1eandr0, Oct 4, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 4, 2019
  3. rmonroe36 Win User
    Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10

Some actual samples of my Directory Opus file manager. Changed these views with a click or two.

Windows messy UX design [​IMG]

Rich

rmonroe36, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Windows messy UX design

Microsoft Promises Updated Explorer UX in Windows 10

Perhaps MS will get it right in the next build, but after installing the 9879 ISO from the Insider page (not the tech eval version), I'm disappointed. This was not apparent in my previous 9879 build (ESD + Windows Updates fully updated).

I liked Win10 before installing the ISO - but now ... methinks they are adding unnecessary steps to many processes just for the sake of change (three or more clicks to do what two clicks did before just to get a Modern app to launch with less capability [no right click run as, or status]). In this case, File Explorer, they're adding something that just doesn't make sense.

Some folks complained about the navigation pane being cluttered and not truly user configurable, but this current implementation is an abomination (IMO)

Who needs two listings of the external drives?
    You can't right click remove them, you can't organize them - they're there for some unknown reason.

Interestingly though, you can right click This PC and delete it (same with network) ... however this removes the icon from your desktop, not from the navigation pane.

The feedback I gave was "Woe unto you who dare mess with Desktop users - remember Win8?"
    I also suggested that if the intent was to differentiate between local and network drives, then perhaps listing network drives under network was a better choice. But... these are USB connected drives - so they missed the mark.

As an aside, I really don't like the folders listed under This PC either. Give me the choice and I'll be happy to create the user experience I prefer.

Bill

Slartybart, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows messy UX design

1. Windows messy UX design - Similar Threads - messy design

2. hi...could anyone help my find this wallpaper....i have a blurry messy picture of it. if...

in Windows 10 Customization
    hi...could anyone help my find this wallpaper....i have a blurry messy picture of it. if...: hi...could anyone help my find this wallpaper....i have a blurry messy picture of it. if you can find the wallpaper it self so please help! thank you...
  3. hi...could anyone help my find this wallpaper....i have a blurry messy picture of it. if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi...could anyone help my find this wallpaper....i have a blurry messy picture of it. if...: hi...could anyone help my find this wallpaper....i have a blurry messy picture of it. if you can find the wallpaper it self so please help! thank you...
  4. hi...could anyone help my find this wallpaper....i have a blurry messy picture of it. if...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some messy code appears in Connect to Windows UWP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some messy code appears in Connect to Windows UWP: As you could see here, I'm using Connect to Windows UWP in Zh-CN language, and I found some messy code right top right corner, which should be some icons instead. I uploaded the app, or re-installed the app from Microsoft store, but it didn't work. I hope you engineers test...
  6. Some messy code appears in Connect to Windows UWP

Some messy code appears in Connect to Windows UWP: As you could see here, I'm using Connect to Windows UWP in Zh-CN language, and I found some messy code right top right corner, which should be some icons instead. I uploaded the app, or re-installed the app from Microsoft store, but it didn't work. I hope you engineers test...
  7. W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar

W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar: Hello Microsoft.I am highly appreciate your free upgrade of my W10 to W11. Thank you very much. I was very exciting when processing this upgrade.However, after the upgrade, I am very disappointed with these 2 things:1. Start menu now becomes a messy of stuffs, It no long...
  8. W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar: Hello Microsoft.I am highly appreciate your free upgrade of my W10 to W11. Thank you very much. I was very exciting when processing this upgrade.However, after the upgrade, I am very disappointed with these 2 things:1. Start menu now becomes a messy of stuffs, It no long...
  9. Windows 10 laptop screen sometimes is all messy, with so many lines across the screen that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop screen sometimes is all messy, with so many lines across the screen that...: Hello guys! I have a problem, that keeps happening randomly. Sometimes when I boot up my laptop, the screen is all messy and full of lines. I can see that my mouse is moving, but its all just a mess of pixels and lines and I cant see anything else. I then always restart my...
  10. Messy accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Messy accounts: Hi I seem to have 2 accounts one which is my email the other which is my mobile - I cant add my mobile to my email account because it says the number is already taken.. I'm so confused and hoping to just get a single account back...