Windows 10: Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week

Discus and support Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Every week I get these error messages in Windows 10 and in Office programs. If I sign into my Microsoft account with my password, the messages go away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TempoRarely, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week

Every week I get these error messages in Windows 10 and in Office programs. If I sign into my Microsoft account with my password, the messages go away for about a week, but they always come back. What is causing this?

Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week a4be3122-736b-4663-b281-b23dffa4d60a?upload=true.jpg

Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week e59a9456-9e27-4e34-951c-64b6819012fc?upload=true.jpg

:)

TempoRarely, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week :(

Zakin, Apr 15, 2020
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week

1. Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week - Similar Threads - Microsoft account problem

2. About microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About microsoft account: Hi sir .I sold my ssd and on it my win10 pro activated. The man told me he formated the ssd but I would like to be sure he is not lying to me .I search on Google about this . I read I can check it at find my device from there u can check I tried and after press on...
  3. About microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About microsoft account: Hi sir .I sold my ssd and on it my win10 pro activated. The man told me he formated the ssd but I would like to be sure he is not lying to me .I search on Google about this . I read I can check it at find my device from there u can check I tried and after press on...
  4. "There is a problem with your Microsoft account" message

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "There is a problem with your Microsoft account" message: This is a tangly issue for me. Earlier this week, when I signed in to my work computer, there was a message saying: There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser. It's a legitimate Microsoft message; you can find...
  5. Microsoft account problem message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account problem message: Hi , We need to fix your Microsoft account. I keep getting this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-problem-message/7c081750-d66f-491b-a381-583b6fbf744b
  6. Account problem message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account problem message: Please tell me what this is and how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-problem-message/464b8f87-3740-4173-a27e-efc827736c5f
  7. "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week: Every week or so I get these error messages in Windows 10 and in Office programs. If I sign into my Microsoft account with my password, the messages go away for about a week, but they always come back. What is causing this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office

Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office: At least once a week, I get a message from Windows saying "Microsoft Account Problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed." and a message in Microsoft Office products saying, "Account Error. Sorry, we can't get to your account right now. To...
  9. Problem with account message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with account message: I know longer have access to my school account but continue to receive messages stating I have a problem with my school account. How can I fix this problem when I can't access the account?...
  10. Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...: Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with your microsoft account. Most likely your password has changed, select here to fix it in shared experiences settings. Every time I start the device on a local account now this message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete microsoft account problem pop up

2. microsoft account problems keeps appearing