Windows 10: Windows/Microsoft Apps won't update

Discus and support Windows/Microsoft Apps won't update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Several weeks ago I had issues with an external hard drive, which locked up my computer. I used a restore point that was only a few days prior to that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikePapasifakis, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Windows/Microsoft Apps won't update

Several weeks ago I had issues with an external hard drive, which locked up my computer. I used a restore point that was only a few days prior to that particular day. Since then my computer won't update either regular Windows updates or app updates like Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc. The menu/home screen shows "Security update pending/Install the update", but when I click it I'm just routed to the Microsoft Support, Windows Update page. Any help to download and install the updates would be greatly appreciated. Windows update says: You're not up to dateYour device is missing important secur

:)

MikePapasifakis, Aug 4, 2021
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 4, 2021
  4. tops Win User

Windows/Microsoft Apps won't update

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows/Microsoft Apps won't update

1. Windows/Microsoft Apps won't update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps won't

2. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update: Hello,I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3996I cannot open built-in apps like Photos, Calculator, Camera, Microsoft Store, etc. They will open for 0.1 seconds and then close. Here is a video of it happening hereHere are things I have tried:Resetting the...
  3. Microsoft apps won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft apps won't open.: Hi there, I was attempting to open the windows mail app but when I try to open it it flashes on the taskbar like it is going to open but then immediately closes. I was attempting to uninstall and reinstall it to fix the problem when I discovered that the microsoft store has...
  4. Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games: Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-downloadupdate-apps-and-games/4690301d-6268-4742-9530-83cc962b7dc0
  5. Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games: Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-downloadupdate-apps-and-games/4690301d-6268-4742-9530-83cc962b7dc0
  6. Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Store won't download or update Games and Apps

Microsoft Store won't download or update Games and Apps: Hello, I recently received a 3 Month Game Pass Access from Discord Nitro and decided to install No Man's Sky as a test. Well, at first it started, downloaded about 4GB and then didn't continue. I stopped the download, tried restarting the download, but then nothing happened...
  8. Microsoft Office apps won't update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Office apps won't update?: [ATTACH] I have updated my apps just recently and I got the new icons. Word icon on my PC But when I use Start to search for Word, or the other Office apps, I can still see the old icons....
  9. Windows 10 Microsoft store won't download or update apps

Windows 10 Microsoft store won't download or update apps: I've tried every solution posted online short of completely reinstalling windows, including upgrading windows with the media creation tool. Whenever I try to download updates they all hang on "Downloading..." or Pending. Occasionally one of the downloads will recognize...
  10. Microsoft Store won't update or download apps

Microsoft Store won't update or download apps: After I updated to 1903 the store hasn't been working right, when I download or update any app it starts to download but slows down then stops with an error. I tried so many solutions from wsreset, cmd and powershell commands even reinstalling the store doesn't solve it. Can...