Windows 10: Windows Migration Assistant -Edge Issue

Discus and support Windows Migration Assistant -Edge Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, I am attempting to transfer data from my PC to my Mac via the migration tool. However, I have encountered an issue saying "Before you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by soba-alawy, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Windows Migration Assistant -Edge Issue

Hello there,

I am attempting to transfer data from my PC to my Mac via the migration tool. However, I have encountered an issue saying

"Before you can transfer information, the following programs must be shut down:

Edge

Close these program and run migration assistant again. If these programs do not appear to be running. restart your computer and try again"

I have done as instructed by the issue is yet to be resolved.

Asides from transferring via an external drive, can someone please assist with this?

:)

soba-alawy, Nov 8, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    Migration assistant

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

The first thing I would suggest to do is to repair the edge app.

To do this you can:

Open settings >apps

Search for "edge" and select it

Click advanced options

Then click "repair"

If it still doesn't work you could try a reset of it as well, although you may lose any bookmarks or password history you have inside of edge this way.

Another option would to click on "terminate" and then try the install of migration assistant if the above options don't work.

Hope this helps!

Thagstrom, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Windows Migration Assistant -Edge Issue

Migration assistant

I am not able to install migration assistant on my Windows 10 computer. I keep getting the message that I need to close down Edge but it is not open. I have installed and uninstalled migration assistant many times including shutting down my computer
    and restarting it again. I would appreciate any help I can get.

PeggyMcMurry, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Migration Assistant -Edge Issue

1. Windows Migration Assistant -Edge Issue - Similar Threads - Migration Assistant Edge

2. migration assistant errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    migration assistant errors: I am attempting an information transfer from a windows pc to a Mac and the migration assistant on the pc fails and says "an error occurred while preparing your information for transfer"...
  3. Migration Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration Assistant: When trying to run Migration Assistant it says that I have Mail running although I have unpinned and shut anything running down. How can I get this program to run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-assistant/772da610-a598-4233-9d99-6593231dc706
  4. Migration Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migration Assistant: When trying to run Migration Assistant it says that I have Mail running although I have unpinned and shut anything running down. How can I get this program to run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-assistant/772da610-a598-4233-9d99-6593231dc706
  5. Migration Assistant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Migration Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Migration Assistant: Windows Migration Assistant won't run even though I've uninstalled Windows Mail. I've tried every suggested solution I can find on this site and nothing has worked...HELP!...
  7. Windows Migration Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Migration Assistant: Windows Migration Assistant won't run even though I've uninstalled Windows Mail. I've tried every suggested solution I can find on this site and nothing has worked...HELP!...
  8. Windows Migration Assistant.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Migration Assistant.: Anybody know how to work the migrant assistant. I'm trying to get my windows 10 files to my macbook air using this program. I've downloaded it, and tried to install, but it just sits there saying it's installing, but no progress shown after 3 hours! HELP! * Moved from...
  9. Migration assistant

in Windows 10 Customization
    Migration assistant: I am not able to install migration assistant on my Windows 10 computer. I keep getting the message that I need to close down Edge but it is not open. I have installed and uninstalled migration assistant many times including shutting down my computer and restarting it...
  10. Windows Migration Assistant - Edge issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Migration Assistant - Edge issue: I'm trying to move a large number of photos from my WIndows 10 machine to a Mac. I've downloaded the latest version of WMA - when I open it I get an error message saying I need to close Edge. I've tried closing Edge & restarting, I've tried a "clean start-up" but I still get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft migration assistant edge problem

2. windows migration software edge

3. windows migration assistant