Windows 10: windows mini dump assistance - keep waking up to a rebooted computer

Discus and support windows mini dump assistance - keep waking up to a rebooted computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem of coming downstairs to my PC after leaving it idle overnight to find it rebooted is still happening. Here is a link to some verification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelClagett, Apr 13, 2021.

1. windows mini dump assistance - keep waking up to a rebooted computer

The problem of coming downstairs to my PC after leaving it idle overnight to find it rebooted is still happening. Here is a link to some verification dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhzHYFY8TGe4mkeMR9yVyXSrgyll?e=GVv2QH

Original post here which I thought i had solved I should've waited another day or so to see if more restarts happened so I marked as resolved but the problem is reoccurring: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/driver-verification-dumps-computer-keeps/46a16425-c8d6-43c6-85a9-06f1a6140e6a?tm=1618269383705

:)

MichaelClagett, Apr 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 13, 2021
  3. KevinEA Win User
    Computer reboots instead of wakes from sleep

This made no difference. Upon trying to wake the computer, it goes into BIOS. The Windows boot drive is absent in the BIOS boot order list, so I have to turn the computer off, then reboot. Upon booting, any windows that were open prior to sleep are now
    closed (i.e., it is a cold boot, not a wake from sleep).

KevinEA, Apr 13, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

windows mini dump assistance - keep waking up to a rebooted computer

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

windows mini dump assistance - keep waking up to a rebooted computer

1. windows mini dump assistance - keep waking up to a rebooted computer - Similar Threads - mini dump assistance

2. Mini dumps Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini dumps Windows 10: Hi,New build in December and been having various issues. Sometimes Memory dumps and sometimes not. Sent Motherboard and GPU back to different retailers and they find no faults. put everything back in and had 2 crashes. No BSOD, Mouse cursor stutters across the screen. 1st the...
  3. Mini dumps Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mini dumps Windows 10: Hi,New build in December and been having various issues. Sometimes Memory dumps and sometimes not. Sent Motherboard and GPU back to different retailers and they find no faults. put everything back in and had 2 crashes. No BSOD, Mouse cursor stutters across the screen. 1st the...
  4. Mini dumps Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mini Dump Analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini Dump Analysis: Could someone please tell me what this mini-dump says caused my computer to crash and reboot unexpectedly. The computer was not in use at this time and only a browser Brave was open plus all the apps running in the...
  6. Mini Dump Analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mini Dump Analysis: Could someone please tell me what this mini-dump says caused my computer to crash and reboot unexpectedly. The computer was not in use at this time and only a browser Brave was open plus all the apps running in the...
  7. Mini Dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mini Dump: My computer has lately been crashing and rebooting in a cycle when playing games. I think it is an issue with the memory dump file and have messed with the settings like various YouTube video's have. The file is still not showing up. Any advice?...
  8. Mini dump analysis requested - computer keeps restarting

Mini dump analysis requested - computer keeps restarting: Hello, my computer keeps restarting overnight. Mini dump is here - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhzHYFY8TGe4mkeMR9yVyXSrgyll?e=GVv2QH I posted help questions previously and the most recent response was to uninstall voicemeeter which I have. The restarts are still happening. Could...
  9. Computer keeps waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps waking up: Recently my computer has started walking itself up every 2 hours pretty much on the dot and I can't figure out why. Powercfg/lastwake tells me nothing, I've disabled my lan driver from waking it up too. The only thing I've changed since it started happening was getting a new...
  10. Mini dump

Mini dump: Can anyone analyze my mini dumps and tell me what they mean here they are theres 3 of them https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap7fz_7nVtBulGIWvCwznEGngvFS?e=Y2iN5R https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mini-dump/8e370380-ebcd-46e2-9086-6c0405902635