Windows 10: Windows missing driver conundrum

Discus and support Windows missing driver conundrum in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good afternoon all this is my first post here and I'm quite stuck trying to install Windows. I've long used Linux as my daily driver but I need to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bzimm41, Nov 10, 2020.

1. bzimm41 Win User

Windows missing driver conundrum

Good afternoon all this is my first post here and I'm quite stuck trying to install Windows. I've long used Linux as my daily driver but I need to run Windows again for work. My old desktop was slowly giving up the ghost so I'm building a computer and trying to install Windows 10 via USB and running into the fairly typical "missing driver" problem. The usual fix of switching usb ports doesn't fix the problem. When I try using the motherboard driver cd, the installer will find AMD-RAID Bottom Device driver but then complain that no new driver was found.

Also tried other advice to use Intel RST drivers, but again the installer will complain that no new driver was found.
    As far as I can tell in the UEFI all ssd's and hdd's, and ram are being seen as well as my lan connection to the internet. So I don't know what driver is apparently missing. Also, Linux Mint LDME4 installs without issue and runs well.

I'm not sure what version I have but it was downloaded a couple of days ago from the Microsoft website. This is the file name if that helps - Win10_20H2_English_x64.iso

Thank you in advance!

Specs:
    Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac
    AMD Ryzen5 3600X
    Intel 660p M.2 2280 NVMe 1 TB ssd
    16 gb Corsair LPX DDR4 3200 ram

:)

bzimm41, Nov 10, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Windows missing driver conundrum

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows missing driver conundrum

1. Windows missing driver conundrum - Similar Threads - missing driver conundrum

2. The Subtitle Conundrum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Subtitle Conundrum: This is with reference to Films and TV.I have created an SRT file, consisting of subtitles in the Devanagari script that is used in such languages as Hindi, Sanskrit, and a few others. When I open the relevant video in Films and TV, and select that SRT file, it seems not to...
  3. The Subtitle Conundrum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Subtitle Conundrum: This is with reference to Films and TV.I have created an SRT file, consisting of subtitles in the Devanagari script that is used in such languages as Hindi, Sanskrit, and a few others. When I open the relevant video in Films and TV, and select that SRT file, it seems not to...
  4. Corrupted Windows Conundrum

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted Windows Conundrum: This is a rather odd and specific question for an odd and specific problem, it is a rather long story so I will attempt to summarize. I recently purchased a new computer with a fresh install of windows, however, seemingly immediately after I ran into a set of issues, after a...
  5. Monitor conundrum

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor conundrum: Here's a puzzle I can't work out, and hopefully someone can help me.... I have a laptop. I'm trying to connect it to the TV using HDMI cable. Duplicate screen - can't change active resolution, it doesn't stick, but works Extend screen can change active resolution Second...
  6. Private network conundrum

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Private network conundrum: I have 4 computers on a Windows 10 private network. Let's refer to them as A,B,C and D where D is the culprit a laptop in this case. Computers A,B and C can all see each on the network. Computer A can see D but B and C cannot see D. I have updated Windows on D to the...
  7. Login conundrum

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login conundrum: hello community, i turned on my new laptop after setting it up, and it says “pin required” when i go to the pin typing button it says “due to security changes i have to set up the pin again”. how do i get into my computer?...
  8. conundrum regarding audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    conundrum regarding audio: Hi I have my laptop mirrored with my 55 ins tv I have recently purchased a Behringer mixing desk I cannot get the laptop to send audio to the mixing desk no signal shows in any input be it line channels or the rca inputs on the desk which is brand new The audio comes from...
  9. Update Conundrum

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Conundrum: I have windows 10 home edition (I upgraded from win7 home) but it would be handy if I could RDP into this machine. Unfortunately, the home edition only supports the RDP client, not server - for that, you would need the pro version. Now, I have been given a windows 8 pro...
  10. The On/Off button conundrum

in Windows 10 Support
    The On/Off button conundrum: In many settings in Win10, there is a slider. It's a "soft" button which enables you to turn something on or off. I finally figured out a bit of my confusion. When the button is to the left side of the oval, the word "Off" is displayed on the right hand side of the oval....