Windows 10: Windows missing functions for Zip and Paint

Discus and support Windows missing functions for Zip and Paint in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running win10, and for some reason I don't have apps like Paint, and I cannot zip/unzip files. Is there any way to change my windows to get those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EirikW_989, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Windows missing functions for Zip and Paint

I'm running win10, and for some reason I don't have apps like Paint, and I cannot zip/unzip files.

Is there any way to change my windows to get those apps, so I don't have to use i.e. WinZip?

Utgåve Windows 10 Pro

Versjon 20H2

Installert ‎25.‎11.‎2020

OS-versjon 19042.867

Oppleving Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

EirikW_989, Mar 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 Zip functions

I am using Windows 10 and trying to create a zip file. I followed the usual steps of selecting a file, right-click, hover on Send To, and then select the Zip option to compress the file. However, there isn't an option for using the Zip function. It is missing.
    I then used File Explorer and found the Zip function on the ribbon, but the function doesn't work. I select the file and click on the Zip icon. Nothing happens, no error message, no file creation, nada.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem would be appreciated...greatly!

SteveC-978, Mar 16, 2021
  3. No Zip functionality in Windows 10

I originally posted this question in the wrong category so I am posting it again. Sorry if you have already seen this and answered.

I am using Windows 10 and trying to create a zip file. I followed the usual steps of selecting a file, right-click, hover on Send To, and then select the Zip option to compress the file. However, there isn't an option for using the Zip function. It is missing.
    I then used File Explorer and found the Zip function on the ribbon, but the function doesn't work. I select the file and click on the Zip icon. Nothing happens, no error message, no file creation, nada.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem would be appreciated...greatly!

SteveC-978, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Windows missing functions for Zip and Paint

MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows missing functions for Zip and Paint

1. Windows missing functions for Zip and Paint - Similar Threads - missing functions Zip

2. Paint Program is Missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint Program is Missing in Windows 10: Hello, I am currently witnessing an Issue on a Fresh installed version of Windows 10 not having paint pre-installed. The program isn't in the Start Menu, Search Box and in the C: Drive. The version in the Microsoft Store isn't available to me, and there is no other...
  3. Paint Program is Missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Program is Missing in Windows 10: Hello, I am currently witnessing an Issue on a Fresh installed version of Windows 10 not having paint pre-installed. The program isn't in the Start Menu, Search Box and in the C: Drive. The version in the Microsoft Store isn't available to me, and there is no other...
  4. Microsoft Paint is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Paint is missing: Microsoft Paint is missing any ideas why? Also, it's not located in "C:\WINDOWS\System32" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint-is-missing/e0cb48aa-2338-4bce-ab07-62dd91c1728d
  5. Microsoft Paint is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Paint is missing: Microsoft Paint is missing any ideas why? Also, it's not located in "C:\WINDOWS\System32" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint-is-missing/e0cb48aa-2338-4bce-ab07-62dd91c1728d
  6. Many Windows functions missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Many Windows functions missing: Had a major BCD Boot error . I seriously wanted to avoid having to totally reset my disk from the Windows 8 upgrade disks I found I had . Eventually , I found my way to using those disks to a very minimal DOS cmd window on x:\ , which I could change to c:\ and happily find...
  7. Restore zip functionality to File Explorer

Restore zip functionality to File Explorer: A while back I installed a 3rd party zip application to open a compressed folder I've never heard of before. After doing that, my File Explorer lost its ability to open .ZIP files. So I uninstalled the 3rd party application but it did not fix my ZIP function. I have been...
  8. 'Paste' function into MS Paint / and pointer

'Paste' function into MS Paint / and pointer: I have used Paint for years and tonight too and it was fine until just now; I can no longer paste a jpg into Paint by either using CTRL + V or by right - clicking the mouse. The image IS being picked up by CTRL+C as it pastes into e.g. Word but will not paste into Paint....
  9. Scroll functionality in Paint 3D

Scroll functionality in Paint 3D: When using the scroll wheel in Paint 3D, it zooms in/out, which is totally not what I want it to be. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-functionality-in-paint-3d/b036fb59-98b9-4f6f-9679-1555c2bd7e65
  10. Zip File Program Missing

Zip File Program Missing: I believe I accidentally uninstalled the program that came with Windows for unzipping and zipping files. I thought I was uninstalling something else. So right now I cant right click and unzip a file. The program I uninstalled had something in the title of exp, xmp, or...